On the couch | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

On the couch

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Don't worry about On the Hooch 360 was an absolute hoot tonight!

The story about the train on the Epping line was a classic.

tiges

Tiger Superstar
Apr 16, 2007
Newman said:
What was the train story? Richmond related?

They said the whole carriage was singing the theme song and when it stopped at Victoria park everyone was booing

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
LOL...thanks tiges. Actually watched most of 360 but missed that part...quality stuff.

Cricketers was going off after the game...replay was on TV and every Tiger goal was cheered, followed by multiple renditions of the theme song...

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
WesternTiger said:
Don't worry about On the Hooch 360 was an absolute hoot tonight!

The story about the train on the Epping line was a classic.

Man, my train was same station, different line. Would have loved to have been on it.

That's how the Tiger fans used to do it in the good old days! As a kid growing up, I used to love the train trip home after the footy.

iLoVeNeWmAn

Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
TOT70 said:
That's how the Tiger fans used to do it in the good old days! As a kid growing up, I used to love the train trip home after the footy.

Yep, same in my time. After a (rare) Tiger win, train ride home would always go off.

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
Newman said:
Cricketers was going off after the game...replay was on TV and every Tiger goal was cheered, followed by multiple renditions of the theme song...

Only ever been once. Herr Tiger told me to rock along. Never caught up with him but loved it.

Was after that Sydney game two years ago when we came back from nowhere to win by 3 points and Andy Collins kicked the winner.

iLoVeNeWmAn

Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
Streak said:
Only ever been once. Herr Tiger told me to rock along. Never caught up with him but loved it.

Was after that Sydney game two years ago when we came back from nowhere to win by 3 points and Andy Collins kicked the winner.

You should try to get there more often Streak...we're there before and after every Richmond game at the G...always a good atmosphere and full of Richmond ferals - win, lose or draw.

stripes17

Tiger Superstar
Mar 9, 2004
Victoria
I noticed Roos said that he used to be a Carlton supporter. I didn't know that. No wonder he never had many kind words for us!

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
stripes17 said:
I noticed Roos said that he used to be a Carlton supporter. I didn't know that. No wonder he never had many kind words for us!

Probably scarred by seeing Fowler/Balme do bad things to his team at the '73 GF.

Ferocious

Tiger Rookie
Feb 11, 2012
GoodOne said:
Yeah last week it was all about how great Essendon fought back to win after being headed. Looks like we gotta keep kicking ass to get our respect back.

A lot of commentators will be made to look very silly when the wheels fall off Essendon in the 2nd half of the year.
They're top spot but have played both GWS and Gold Coast. they played other teams at the right time and at grounds suited to them. It's smoke and mirrors.

Tiges67

Tiger Legend
Dec 24, 2003
BustinDustin said:
Cotch should keep the hairstyle. Makes him look 4 inches taller. Has some serious structures happening. Great interview.

His hair was the highlight of the show. I couldn't take my eyes off it. Little sticking up bits perfectly gelled into place. :rofl

Tiger Pops

Tiger Champion
Apr 22, 2008
Melbourne
Speaking of Footy TV shows, I caught 5 min at of Ch 7 show on Sunday morning, not a huge fan of the show, they cut to Hodge who was asked to comment on the game and on Hawthorns effort, blah blah blah... then said that he believed that the Tigers are emerging and that’s good for their success starved supporters, him being one of them as a kid. He also mentioned he was there in 95 at VFL park barracking for the Tigers in the loss to Geelong.

New respect for Brad Hodge now :)

iLoVeNeWmAn

Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
Tiger Pops said:
Speaking of Footy TV shows, I caught 5 min at of Ch 7 show on Sunday morning, not a huge fan of the show, they cut to Hodge who was asked to comment on the game and on Hawthorns effort, blah blah blah... then said that he believed that the Tigers are emerging and that’s good for their success starved supporters, him being one of them as a kid. He also mentioned he was there in 95 at VFL park barracking for the Tigers in the loss to Geelong.

Remember spending some time with Hodge at a pub in his draftee year. He was there with a mutual friend so I had a good chat with him. He told me that day he was a very keen Richmond supporter and hoped he would somehow end up at Richmond (from that draft) but it wasn't to be. Very nice bloke - humble and really down to earth from memory. Always liked him ever since then...

doherz

Tiger Superstar
Apr 24, 2004
Tigerland
www.informtech.com.au
Tiger Pops said:

Hodgey's a free agent isnt he? :stir