On the couch | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

On the couch

evo

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2003
doherz said:
Hodgey's a free agent isnt he? :stir

I go to the same chiro as Hodge - he's a keen tiges supporter. Not only does he manipulate Hodge's back, he also works pretty hard in his ear. :D

grumpytiger

Tiger Matchwinner
May 6, 2007
Gees. Past and present opposition skippers jumping on board. Is it fashionable to be a tiger atm?

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Ferocious said:
A lot of commentators will be made to look very silly when the wheels fall off Essendon in the 2nd half of the year.
They're top spot but have played both GWS and Gold Coast. they played other teams at the right time and at grounds suited to them. It's smoke and mirrors.
Here is an interesting stat. How many of the bottom 8 teams have been played by each team. We have played two which is the lowest. Essendon have played 6.
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ladder?year=2012&pt=OP&st=B8&sb=p

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
evo said:
I go to the same chiro as Hodge - he's a keen tiges supporter. Not only does he manipulate Hodge's back, he also works pretty hard in his ear. :D

I remember a little article about Hodge in the HUN and he said his family has Tiger blood going back to his grandfather.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Hodge is always quick to mention he used to barrack for the Tigers. Actually, I can't think of another AFL player who is as quick as him to admit his past allegiance.

Wouldn't he be a handy pickup just when we're making a push for the flag. The experience and warrior in him would be well handy.

Punxsutawney Phil

Its Groundhog Day- same sh!t, different year
Apr 2, 2007
The Mole said:
Here is an interesting stat. How many of the bottom 8 teams have been played by each team. We have played two which is the lowest. Essendon have played 6.

Thats quite a good ladder that.

We have played 6 top 8 sides. Second most is Hawhtorn with 5.

Our % against top 8 sides is just short of 100%, form 2 wins and 4 losses.

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Bombers have conceded an average of 83.3 points againts the 6 bottom 8 teams they have played and we have conceded just 64 against the two bottom 8 teams we have played. Please note that we are currently a bottom 8 team :rofl

Djevv

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2005
NT
www.youtube.com
The interview is now up on the RFC site. Really impressive young man, articulate and poised. Thought the tone of the interview was pretty positive as well.

linuscambridge

Tiger Superstar
Jul 13, 2004
The Mole said:
Bombers have conceded an average of 83.3 points againts the 6 bottom 8 teams they have played and we have conceded just 64 against the two bottom 8 teams we have played. Please note that we are currently a bottom 8 team :rofl

And check out the Bombers draw after the bye, hardly any easy games and a lot of hard games on consecutive weeks. We will find out just how good they are then.

tigermouseau

Tiger Superstar
Apr 19, 2004
Too much hype, too many 'experts' jumping on the bandwagon, too many supporters thinking we have made it,just far too much bulls..t. Do not underestimate the Saints, they are still a very good side and do not laugh at Clint Jones - he is as underrated as Edwards. And that bloody Milne, always tears it up against us. So I hope all this confidence is all well placed but I'm not falling for it ....... Yet!

rinso17

Tiger Superstar
Feb 2, 2005
tigermouseau said:
Too much hype, too many 'experts' jumping on the bandwagon, too many supporters thinking we have made it,just far too much bulls..t. Do not underestimate the Saints, they are still a very good side and do not laugh at Clint Jones - he is as underrated as Edwards. And that bloody Milne, always tears it up against us. So I hope all this confidence is all well placed but I'm not falling for it ....... Yet!
Not falling for hype , just logic. Our young midfield runs deep. 6-8 players all in great form . There midfield is experienced / old with there young top ups ,not earth shattering.

There forwards are average at best while our defense one of the leagues best. Our forwards our weakness but emerging,there defense stick thin.
Our ruckmans on track for all Australian , there ruckmans makeshift and wouldn't get a game at Coburg.

There heart there great strength and the thing we must respect and fear as they must fear ours.

TIGERS BY 36

doherz

Tiger Superstar
Apr 24, 2004
Tigerland
www.informtech.com.au
The Mole said:

yes but on the flip side, we have averaged 97 points against when playing top 8 teams. Essendon have averaged 70 points against for top 8 teams

doherz

Tiger Superstar
Apr 24, 2004
Tigerland
www.informtech.com.au
linuscambridge said:
And check out the Bombers draw after the bye, hardly any easy games and a lot of hard games on consecutive weeks. We will find out just how good they are then.

would love to see them go 19 and 1, lost the last 3 in a row against c'wood richmond and carlton, and bow out in straight sets. :rofl

B

Bill James

The Mole said:
http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/ft_ladder?year=2012&pt=OP&st=T8&sb=p

I like this ladder better.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Just caught 360 tonight and saw the snippet from Roos when asked if he was interested in coaching next year..denied it unconvincingly.
Looked to me like someone's in his ear. Likely the Blues.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008
Tigers of Old said:
Just caught 360 tonight and saw the snippet from Roos when asked if he was interested in coaching next year..denied it unconvincingly.
Looked to me like someone's in his ear. Likely the Blues.
Wrong spot for this but, have heard from a very reliable source from Visy that a wad has been thrown at Roos from the Blooze and it's not the first wad either.. Just what i heard.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The other thing I caught tonight was Open Mike with Adam Goodes.

Damn does that guy do his race proud. Not just the greatest indigenous footballer ever to play the game IMO (also one of the best ever) but is also a great role model.

zgod said:
Wrong spot for this but, have heard from a very reliable source from Visy that a wad has been thrown at Roos from the Blooze and it's not the first wad either.. Just what i heard.

Wouldn't surprise. Rarely seen Roos so evasive.

purepoweryouth

Gone but not forgotten
Sep 28, 2003
Perth, WA
Tigers of Old said:
The other thing I caught tonight was Behind the Mike with Adam Goodes.

Damn does that guy do his race proud. Not just the greatest indigenous footballer ever to play the game IMO (also one of the best ever) but is also a great role model.
Brilliant. Absolutely spot on TOO.

vinpaul

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2009
The Open Mike Series continues to kick goals. Look forward to the extended interview on Sunday.