On the couch | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

On the couch

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
This used to be my favorite footy show, healy ruined it then Gary Lyin.

Moving Healy aside is a good thing however until Lyin is removed i doubt i will return as a viewer.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Brown said tonight........I'm sorry to have to say this about my Lions, but they don't have any nasty players. He then rattled off a few names, Cotchin, Lynch and a few others, saying they're all nasty players.
He then said, when was the last time a team full of nice guys won a premiership Gaz, Lyon answered with, I think it's a legitimate question.

Yeah Browny you clown, Zorko, Robinson, Raynor and Mathieson are choir boys.

Old man Fagan put you up to saying that did he :mad:

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Brown said tonight........I'm sorry to have to say this about my Lions, but they don't have any nasty players. He then rattled of a few names, Cotchin, Lynch and a few others, saying they're all nasty players.
He then said, when was the last time a team full of nice guys won a premiership Gaz, Lyon answered with, I think it's a legitimate question.

Our players are tough.
Brisbane are plastic.

Reactions: 7 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Our players are tough.
Brisbane are plastic.

Correct.

Clown Brown gets it wrong again. Its not nastiness, we don't have any nasty players, we have tough players.

I'd say Brisbane have plenty of nasty players and their captain is the perfect example, just look what was said to Petty. What they don't have is anyone that is actually tough and not plastic tough guy. We have plenty of tough guys, Cotch, Marlion, Bakes, Kmac, Lynch, Prestia etc.

Reactions: 5 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
I’d guess it’s just semantics of how brown defines nastiness. Doubt he has ever picked up dictionary. He means tough. Blokes that hurt through football actions and not through sniping actions.

Reactions: 5 users

tigerdell

Hope springs infernal
Mar 29, 2014
Brown said tonight........I'm sorry to have to say this about my Lions, but they don't have any nasty players. He then rattled off a few names, Cotchin, Lynch and a few others, saying they're all nasty players.

It's the media hype-story that the media will run with until the game.
Can Brisbane stand up?

The irony of course, on Friday night at half time Gary Lyon gets stuck into the lions as being plastic tough. No tackles, no getting the ball. He pointed out that playing nasty but not winning the footy was the reason the lions were losing the footy.

So its a great media pitch for us.
Get the lions so hyped about needing to be tough and nasty that on Thursday night they don't play their natural game

Reactions: 1 users

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
I hope the players will not have forgotten the 2020 2nd QF when the Lions came out and played pretty aggressive tough footy.

Lions beat us in the tough stuff that night, think some of our younger boys seemed rattled that night with the aggro in their tackles. Actually, even the older players gave away FKs and got into lots of push and shove, having gotten pissed with the treatment.

If posters remember, there were a heap of skirmishes all over the ground as we got buried in the turf with their rough tackles - they made a statement and we got distracted at times from the game. Of course, not having Lynch that night didnt help.

But Flossy, Shai, Dion, Marlion, Nank even Cotch from memory were buried often and there was a heap of bushfires and FKs as a result.
They tackled to hurt during that final. Not judging them harshly for it - was a final after all and they needed to win on their patch (think they'd lost them all until then), so completely legit tough tackles which pissed a few of our guys off. Took us until HT to settle a bit if my memory is right?

Lets hope our own seasoned, tough players dont forget this and help the young uns like MJ, Sonz, Miller, Balta, Gibcus, Cumbo stick to their task.
Shai, Daniel, Sonz, Gibcus will be targeted.

Reactions: 3 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Brown was at super best last night.
He should hang his head in shame.
Riewoldt shouldve said something, Lyon only says anything or does anything that he gets something from.
The defending of Zorko was a disgrace..
He isn't a good bloke.

Reactions: 3 users

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
Brown was at super best last night.
He should hang his head in shame.
Riewoldt shouldve said something, Lyon only says anything or does anything that he gets something from.
The defending of Zorko was a disgrace..
He isn't a good bloke.
Spot on Zips. Pathetic by Brown. Very disappointing. Zorko is a repeat offender and really appears to be quite a scumbag. Brisbane should be ashamed that he is the captain of that club.

Reactions: 1 user

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Spot on Zips. Pathetic by Brown. Very disappointing. Zorko is a repeat offender and really appears to be quite a scumbag. Brisbane should be ashamed that he is the captain of that club.
Amazing you would pick someone with these background issues to be captain. Clearly has white line fever. The contrast with Cotchin or grimes couldn’t be more stark.

DuD_Delist

Tiger Superstar
Sep 30, 2014
Brown would be scathing of a player if that player played for any other team.
Hyprocrite.

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Amazing you would pick someone with these background issues to be captain. Clearly has white line fever. The contrast with Cotchin or grimes couldn’t be more stark.
White line fever is just a pathetic excuse. Does it justify sexual or racist comments? No so shouldn’t even be raised in this instance. Zorko’s just a *smile* person.

Reactions: 4 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
White line fever is just a pathetic excuse. Does it justify sexual or racist comments? No so shouldn’t even be raised in this instance. Zorko’s just a *smile* person.
Agree no excuse. Code for completely lacking emotional intelligence.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Brisbane Bears have come out and said they are looking after Zorko's mental wellbeing.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Without Walls and Healy OTC is fast forward show for me.
Even Fly Catcher Sheehan added something to the show
With Brown and Lyon its very monotonous and boring.
My choice would be Buckley Riewoldt Healy
Or King Riewoldt & Shaw

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
but but, Chimp tried to murder Dylan Shiel in 2017.

Rantnrave

Tiger Legend
May 6, 2008
Brown..wot a load of dtivel....tigers do lots,of nice stuff...first to stand up for adam goodes to gettin around hurley and then Rutten saturday night....
Tough on the ground but fabulously respectful to the opposotion to....

The medall tucked away for gazza abletts send off....

ceehook2

Tiger Matchwinner
Feb 11, 2021
I hope the players will not have forgotten the 2020 2nd QF when the Lions came out and played pretty aggressive tough footy.

Lions beat us in the tough stuff that night, think some of our younger boys seemed rattled that night with the aggro in their tackles. Actually, even the older players gave away FKs and got into lots of push and shove, having gotten pissed with the treatment.

If posters remember, there were a heap of skirmishes all over the ground as we got buried in the turf with their rough tackles - they made a statement and we got distracted at times from the game. Of course, not having Lynch that night didnt help.

But Flossy, Shai, Dion, Marlion, Nank even Cotch from memory were buried often and there was a heap of bushfires and FKs as a result.
They tackled to hurt during that final. Not judging them harshly for it - was a final after all and they needed to win on their patch (think they'd lost them all until then), so completely legit tough tackles which pissed a few of our guys off. Took us until HT to settle a bit if my memory is right?

Lets hope our own seasoned, tough players dont forget this and help the young uns like MJ, Sonz, Miller, Balta, Gibcus, Cumbo stick to their task.
Shai, Daniel, Sonz, Gibcus will be targeted.
on the Lions end of that game a lot was made about winning a final and a lot was made about beating us
to their credit they played near perfect footy clean hands , amazing goal kicking , hitting packs at pace , tackling hard , all of their players tackling hard and the home crowd was absolutely manic behind them , they had got into a zone and nothing was going to beat them
they were a spent force in their next game
and I don't think they have played to that level since , it was not unlike the 2017 game V Saints at Marvel , that was a one off too
the complete pants down spanking they got from Melb will have left an affect on their players and supporters
all the media beat up around Zorko
the thought will be in their minds "are we going out in straight sets again"
and they will quickly remember us running over them a few weeks ago if we hit the score board early

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
on the Lions end of that game a lot was made about winning a final and a lot was made about beating us
to their credit they played near perfect footy clean hands , amazing goal kicking , hitting packs at pace , tackling hard , all of their players tackling hard and the home crowd was absolutely manic behind them , they had got into a zone and nothing was going to beat them
they were a spent force in their next game
and I don't think they have played to that level since , it was not unlike the 2017 game V Saints at Marvel , that was a one off too
the complete pants down spanking they got from Melb will have left an affect on their players and supporters
all the media beat up around Zorko
the thought will be in their minds "are we going out in straight sets again"
and they will quickly remember us running over them a few weeks ago if we hit the score board early
Lets hope so Cee.

Or it could go the other way, the same way the 2020 QF went. I can't see why that same hometown crowd wont be manic again. Why wouldn't they be the same crazy crowd, the same hard tackling players, the same at hitting packs at pace and hard tackling. In fact, they are copping the same pressures about winning now that they were then.

Yes, we won by 7 points last time. But they played pretty damn well in that 1st Half a few weeks ago.

Agree, hopefully we have a better start this time.

I actually don't rate Brisbane that highly, haven't all year. I don't rate them as a top 4 team and they wont get a flag anytime soon. They beat who they should, lose to mainly better teams, and most of the rest of the time are genuine flogs who have achieved nothing - their antics especially up in Brisbane are cringeworthy. And ppl say the Tigers are arrogant, I never get it.

But, I still think our form these last few weeks can be overstated. Here's hoping.