ON THE ROAD AGAIN - TRAINING 12/02 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

ON THE ROAD AGAIN - TRAINING 12/02

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Well it was day 3 of my holidays and it was off to Punt Road to watch the boys train. This is the first time I have done this since High School.

Only Ben Holland (who I am christening Arnie after watching him in that singlet top - talk about muscles on muscles) and Ray Hall did not train with the main group.

Does anyone know what is wrong with Ray Hall ???

Cambo, Rory and Blumfield all trained with the main group. Though IMO our captain didn't seem to be moving all that freely. Blumfield looked good and seemed to be moving well. Rory took part in the alot of marking contests when the players spilt into 3 groups (backs, mids and forwards). Rory, Cambo and Justin were all in the backs group.

Pleasant surprises :D

Schulz - bigger, stronger and quicker than I expected - can I change my estimate of the number of games he will play?

Cameron - great to see him kicking with his right foot. this means he is definitely injury free.

*smile* - (see I don't always criticise him) marked really strongly overhead and his kicking actually showed some distance.

Shir - is going to play senior footy not doubt and Sipthorp is a good chance as well I reckon

Richo - just to see him fit is a bonus - and boy does he look fit and is running and kicking really well

The "what the" group :-/

Chris Hyde - what the hell is he doing there. No penetration in his kicks at all.

Kayne - show some interest son please !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Houlihan - please don't tell others how to kick and shepherd. What the ???

Joel Bowden - what was that on your face Joel - a whole tube of sun block I reckon - legs brown face snow white.

Other points:

Duncan left the track early - I think this is because if he stays out in the sun any longer he will become human charcoal ;D I have never seen a tan like it.

Andy Kellaway needs to give his barbers phone number to Aaron Fiora - how can you see when you kick Aaron?

tro-boy

Get in my belly
Dec 18, 2002
Melbourne
www.austinpowers.com
Thanks for the update Koalalill

A couple of comments have now been made about the unexpected size of Schulz. Is he big enough to play this year IYO - or is he just bigger than you expected?

Also, who were the other players that have bulked up over summer. I would expect Fiora and Ray Hall would have been the big movers. Knowing Clinton King, he probably has lost weight!

D

Don Logan

" A couple of comments have now been made about the unexpected size of Schulz"

Who's been speaking to jay's girlfriend? ;D

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Thanks for the update Koalalill

A couple of comments have now been made about the unexpected size of Schulz.  Is he big enough to play this year IYO - or is he just bigger than you expected?

Also, who were the other players that have bulked up over summer.  I would expect Fiora and Ray Hall would have been the big movers.  Knowing Clinton King, he probably has lost weight!

Yeap I think Schulz is big enough to play AFL. Though the test will come against "real" opposition I suppose. Whether he as the strength against the likes of Fletcher, Martyn etc. He did struggle in the one on one contests with Richo. The other thing is if he has the smarts as they say.

As fo players bulking up. Ray Hall doesn't look any bigger than last season - disappointing. They say he has bulked up but I couldn't see where. Fiora - the bulk seems to be in his hair ;) but seriously there may be a slight increase in size but hard to tell to be honest. I thought McGarth looked slightly bigger (ever so slightly) but the skills compensate for size I reckon.

Dragga was interesting he seems to have toned down in the legs which maybe a good thing considering his knee problems. Bulked up across the shoulders but lost it in the legs, especially the calfs.

froars

"Famous last words - I'll be good"
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
The reason why Weenie mightn't be moving too well is because he had an op over summer i think - don't know what on - but someone told me they saw him on crutches - so i guess he's just recovering from that. Who knows - who cares lol ;)