Open Mike | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Open Mike

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
sorry if there already a thread, search function kept freezing.

I'm a bit embarrassed to admit to watching the Ricky Nixon interview on Open Mike, but is it just me, or is the bloke completely unconvincing? Usually you'd have to be a big-noter and bullsh!t artist to be successful in the snakepit of a business he was in, but geez, he is really reinforcing the bighead, spiv stereotype. :p

not pretty

keeps contradicting himself too.

been to the Kevin Rudd school of asking himself questions then answering himself too.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Saw the promotional highlights for this n didn't bother. Chicken Nixon is aptly named, still dodging, ducking n weaving, blaming others. Prick couldn't lie straight on a morgue slab.

Tames

Tiger Superstar
Apr 3, 2005
Melbourne
I did watch it, but it just re-enforced the view I already had of him, which isn't worth wasting time on.

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
Great interview with Vossy tonight. Speaks like a true leader this bloke.

Wallsy sprayed him while on crutches, told him to train harder, he did, copped glandular fever and was out for 12 weeks. This angered Vossy a lot who later took it on the chin and turned into a great player to win the Brownlow a year later.

I hope our players learn from this.

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
TigerForce said:

Wallsy sprayed him while on crutches, told him to train harder, he did, copped glandular fever and was out for 12 weeks. This angered Vossy a lot who later took it on the chin and turned into a great player to win the Brownlow a year later.

I think a Voss-Knights coup would be great.

Knighter for the Cats blueprintand Vossy for Vossy.

Reckon Vossy would cop no. 6?

TigerForce

Apr 26, 2004
Merveille said:
I think a Voss-Knights coup would be great.

Knighter for the Cats blueprintand Vossy for Vossy.

Reckon Vossy would cop no. 6?
No. 6? Whaddaya mean Merv?

Merveille

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2007
TigerForce said:
No. 6? Whaddaya mean Merv?
Put up with the way no.6 plays. Cant imagine it. Though i would have said that about a tough player like Hardwick too..

TigerForce

Apr 26, 2004
Merveille said:
Put up with the way no.6 plays. Cant imagine it. Though i would have said that about a tough player like Hardwick too..
Let's just say Vossy was a great 'player'. ;D

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
TigerForce said:

If walls did that to the current crop they're would all pass out

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
zippadeee said:
If walls did that to the current crop they're would all pass out
parents would picket the club and demand a player boycott.

TigerForce

Apr 26, 2004
For those who watched/followed footy in the 1960s, was Des Tuddenham a prick.....coz he seems to be on tonight's episode.

The Don

Is Good
Dec 21, 2007
Sydney
TigerForce said:
For those who watched/followed footy in the 1960s, was Des Tuddenham a prick.....coz he seems to be on tonight's episode.
Tuddy was one of the bigger snipers in the game. Elbows, backhanders, off-the-ball, whenever he was tackled, at stoppages, whenever he had an opportunity. Made Lethal Leigh look almost fair.

22nd Man

Tiger Champion
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
Tuddy despised by all opponents and opposition supporters, and not respected. Walked out of Vic Park because of money. Let's say he was not unacquainted with a court room. Possibly spent sometime out of contact withe mainstream society.

TigerForce

Apr 26, 2004
Mark Eustice on tonight. I didn't know he was in to drugs and suffered bipolar.

Chiang Mai Tiger

Time for some Tiger Payback
Jun 17, 2004
Thailand
TigerForce said:
Just saw this thread.

Talk about Deja Vu, I recently bagged Tuddy on the/one of the 'Sniper' Goodes threads.

Being of the time, I won't talk about court rooms (hello Big Nick), but Tuddenham was a real work of art.

Only a rover or HFF size, he really re-wrote the book of mongrel dog acts on the field and yes walked out on the Pies for the big money on offer at Essenscum for a Captain/Coach role.

The prick ended up breaking his wrist whilst trying to coat-hanger a Richmond player and the drug cheats let him go back to the Scum for one final, uneventful year.

I'm sure today's players who are well past there prime and love to snipe would love to be back during Tuddy's era.

TigerForce

Apr 26, 2004
Chiang Mai Tiger said:
Just saw this thread.

Talk about Deja Vu, I recently bagged Tuddy on the/one of the 'Sniper' Goodes threads.

Being of the time, I won't talk about court rooms (hello Big Nick), but Tuddenham was a real work of art.

Only a rover or HFF size, he really re-wrote the book of mongrel dog acts on the field and yes walked out on the Pies for the big money on offer at Essenscum for a Captain/Coach role.

The prick ended up breaking his wrist whilst trying to coat-hanger a Richmond player and the drug cheats let him go back to the Scum for one final, uneventful year.

I'm sure today's players who are well past there prime and love to snipe would love to be back during Tuddy's era.
Didn't he go to jail?

TigerForce

Apr 26, 2004
Didn't Mark Eustice wear number 4? Memories of those deteriorating seasons from mid-80s.

TigerForce

Apr 26, 2004
Nearly seeing Mike Sheahan in tears here...geez. Really emotional interview this one. Better than whatever Cuz wrote a book about.