Open Mike | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Open Mike

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Champion
Apr 29, 2006
TigerForce said:
Enjoyable interview with Kel Moore and David Dench. Now we know Dench and Cable don't get on....
Didn't watch it after Mike Moore announced "football only" at the start. Dench is a crook and his shady post-football life should have been probed.

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
scottyturnerscurse said:
Didn't watch it after Mike Moore announced "football only" at the start. Dench is a crook and his shady post-football life should have been probed.
Do tell scotty. Never knew this.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
23.21.159 said:
What was reluctant about it?
Considering they spent most of the interview praising most of the full forwards. They mentioned Quinlian, Blight, Hudson, Wade, Jezza, Templeton and Jurica, but Sheehan the clown forgot the bloke that rode him like a horse and kicked 100 in a premiership season.
We must’ve been hated baddd

Mac

Tiger Superstar
Sep 16, 2003
23.21.159 said:
What was reluctant about it?

You'd be pretty reluctant if you played 300 games and THIS was the photo you were most remembered for!

(number 15)

Best photo EVER!!

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
Mac said:
You'd be pretty reluctant if you played 300 games and THIS was the photo you were most remembered for!

(number 15)

Best photo EVER!!
Its on my loungeroom wall mac. You are actually spot on. They were mentioing great FFs left and right, no mention of Roachy. Finally Sheahan prompts him, 'what about Roachy?', replies ýeah he was a top class player' was like pulling teeth to say it. Roachy was the best.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
TigerForce said:
Definitely. Jezza's mark in 1970 was a great leap but Roachy's was higher given how tall he is.
Roach’s, Lynch’s, Shaun Smith marks are the 3 best marks I’ve ever seen.
Ablett’s against Collingwood, he didn’t control it. Therefore NO mark
Culbertson’s against Collingwood at VFL park was a ripper too

22nd Man

Tiger Champion
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
TigerForce said:
Yep. He always had it in the back of his mind to move there as he preferred a 'country club' type atmosphere. Swans would've offered him more than Geelong.
I think he wasn't comfortable with any of the publicity promotion stuff that we wanted him to do.... Cats were happy to let him stay in the background off field. Would be even more valuable today.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
TigerForce said:
Definitely. Jezza's mark in 1970 was a great leap but Roachy's was higher given how tall he is.
Whether or not it's the greatest mark, the Roach photo is the best footy photo of all time.

This one, not the one where he's on the way down.

Reactions: 1 user

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
Michael Mitchell's mark when playing for Claremont is one of the highest ones ever. He stood on the guys back. didnt need to use his knee just jumped and used his feet. Amazing leap.

TigerForce

Richmond has a better list.
Apr 26, 2004
LeeToRainesToRoach said:
Whether or not it's the greatest mark, the Roach photo is the best footy photo of all time.

This one, not the one where he's on the way down.

Yep. It's like a work of art with all the players in position. Kudos to the photographer who captured the moment.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Roachy’s is a great mark, easily in the best handful of all time.

This one is hard to beat though.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-RpoTtudPck

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
What about Tom Derickx?
Given the circumstances of the match and what happened afterwards, one of my all time favourites.

From what now seems like a different era: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mafwq0zydm8&t=400