Operation Next Five | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Operation Next Five

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Yep, AA
The next few weeks are going to be tough games.
The results of the next month (which could very well definitively shape the remainder of the season) will tell us where the Tigers are at.

the next month will tell us whether we;

win the flag from outside the Top 4,

or inside it.

if the win/loss is equal when Dion and Vlastuin get back, I think the latter,

Reactions: 2 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
If we win 2 of the next 4 then I'm still fairly comfy. Its going to be a relatively close season I believe particularly for those in 3-6 positions, so 14-15 wins should be enough for top 4. 5-5 would leave a lot to do in the 2nd half of the season (need 9-10 wins out of 12) but its certainly doable.

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
The hard draw now gives us a softer draw later, need to win a couple of these.

Friday night would be a good start.

DS

Reactions: 1 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
With some players out it's a chance to see just how good our depth is as well with some decent opposition. Our depth has had us break even the last 2 yrs & they need to do it again if top 4 is still to be a chance.

Reactions: 1 user

Carter

Tiger Legend
Nov 14, 2012
Yep the depth test has arrived, as we all knew it would. Most interesting selection week in a while!

TigerMad

All for one and one for all
Dec 18, 2002
What I am not seeing is Richmond men coming into the 22, knowing the system, and seamlessly slotting in to the game plan, playing their role.

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
What I am not seeing is Richmond men coming into the 22, knowing the system, and seamlessly slotting in to the game plan, playing their role.

we are not seeing Richmond men entrenched in the 22 doing that at the moment.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Batting at 50% in this thread so far but if we can beat GWS next week I'd take 3 from 5.

What the last patch has shown is that we do have significant challenges this year if we are to 3-peat. Rule changes, injuries, other sides getting stronger. I still think after the bye is when we will come good and go on a run, but we need to snag a few more wins in the next month.

22nd Man

Tiger Legend
Aug 29, 2011
Essex Heights
We are 1-4 against good and/ or in form sides. Next two are even more critical in that context even if mojo is restored through the winter.
MCG holds no fear for opponents now (at least that should shut Cornes up)