Opinions on sending a card to the Tape family | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opinions on sending a card to the Tape family

A

admin

I was thinking it would be nice to copy the messages from the Jamie Tape thread and send them in a card to his family.
Firstly to show Jamie was held dear in the hearts of many Tigers fans, and secondly as a memento for his young child  when he grows up.
Does anyone have any opinion on whether this would be a good idea or not, and also any objection to their message being sent?
If we decide to go ahead with this everyone please feel free to include a message, even those who normally read this site rather than contribute.

mellowyellow

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
Re: Opinions please

I can't speak for others but i would'nt have any objections to my message being sent.......i only regret not having put somthing a bit more poignant.

I'm sure the family of Jamie would appreciate the sentiments of the fans and that we were thinking of them with his passing.

A

admin

Re: Opinions please

I agree MY. Sadly I know how it is to lose someone close in tragic circumstances, and I know for me after the shock etc, there was great comfort knowing people cared to contact me and share memories etc.
If you wanted you could edit your post, or write another one.
I won't send any messages from people who haven't given their permission.
If anyone would like to include a message in the card, but don't want to post it on the board, they can be e-mailed to me for inclusion.

A

admin

I've had a couple of messages e-mailed to include in a card, so I'll buy one today and send it in a week or two.
If you'd like a message included e-mail to [email protected] or post on the board and I'll copy it.

A

admin

I can't post on BigFooty, but if anybody thinks it's a good idea they can post my e-mail on it and invite the Tiger fans from there to e-mail messages for inclusion too.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
I don't have any objections either. Sounds like a lovely idea rosy.

I'll have a go at placing a message on bigfooty. Hopefully egos are put aside given the issue and the post won't be classed as spamming and removed.