Opposition discussion | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Opposition discussion

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Hey all,

Good idea from @Redford to have a dedicated thread for opposition games & general discussion as opposed to many different threads.

If mods don't think it's a good idea then please delete.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Great idea for a thread.

My take for the weekend was poor Cam Rayner going down with a knee injury. Kid looked set for a great year & is really entertaining to watch. Big dent in the Lions hopes.

Reactions: 4 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Great idea for a thread.

My take for the weekend was poor Cam Rayner going down with a knee injury. Kid looked set for a great year & is really entertaining to watch. Big dent in the Lions hopes.
Agree ToO.

Reminded me of when Richo did his knee up at the SCG. The great white hope doing pretty much the worst injury there is.

Lions up until now have had a dream run with injuries but when it hits, it can hit hard.

Reactions: 1 users

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
I am interested in how GWS will fare this year.

Will they be the 2nd club we break?

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
Agree ToO.

Reminded me of when Richo did his knee up at the SCG. The great white hope doing pretty much the worst injury there is.

Lions up until now have had a dream run with injuries but when it hits, it can hit hard.
On top of that Daniel McStay has a possible 6 week injury which will derail their forward line for a few weeks. The Lions have had a dream run over the last two years with injury. The injury gods may just bring them back to earth.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Visited Maggots forum .............wow.

Has no one told them we rested our best mids and Grimes and Nank in the second half.

They are pretty sure they have us and are ready for another GF Day........................... of pain.

• Haha

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I am interested in how GWS will fare this year.

Will they be the 2nd club we break?

I think we already did.

Easy bet that another top end player will depart that joint at seasons end........and hopefully if its the right one may they land at Punt Road.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
On top of that Daniel McStay has a possible 6 week injury which will derail their forward line for a few weeks. The Lions have had a dream run over the last two years with injury. The injury gods may just bring them back to earth.
Yep and should la la Danihaaar go down then they will be in a big mess.

Either Daniher is fragile AF or he faked injury for 2 years because he wanted to leave.

Either way that's unimpressive.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Agree ToO.

Not to mention a dream run with fixturing and they also do pretty well from the umps at the Gabba also.

deedee

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 12, 2011
From what I have seen so far, the man on the mark rule will favor Geelong massively.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Visited Maggots forum .............wow.

Has no one told them we rested our best mids and Grimes and Nank in the second half.

They are pretty sure they have us and are ready for another GF Day........................... of pain.
Won't make the finals.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Hey all,

Good idea from @Redford to have a dedicated thread for opposition games & general discussion as opposed to many different threads.

If mods don't think it's a good idea then please delete.

Well done Tetley T-Shirt Tom. Good job. People also come across info and various observations ... all sorts of stuff really ...that maybe isn’t necessary to have a distinct thread for and that makes a mods job harder with excess threads and what not.

@The Big Richo maybe the solution to your issue is to make it a headline thread (can’t think of any other description sorry or a sticky thread ?) under Dyer Tribe so it just sort of stays there as one single thread under Dyer Tribe and you don’t have to go back through pages of Dyer Tribe threads to find it, moderate it ? Anyway.

Just adding to the topic, I work with some people with kids in the AFL system at other clubs and have a family member who is head of football at another club too so I’ll drop anything I hear or get in here.

To that end, father of a promising young kid at ....oh let’s just call them NORRRRF ! was telling me the other day that they have been totally flogged on the track this Summer. Both Menadue and Stephenson have commented “we never trained this hard physically at Cwood/Richmond... we worked hard but spent more time on structure, understanding roles, understanding the game plan, analysis etc. This isn’t 1984 !” Hah hah hah...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 6 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Make it a sticky thread so it doesn't get lost. Saves opening 'Other games' threads every round. Let's keep the Racistwood thread separate coz they deserve something special.....

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Think it's only appropriate that the swear filter is made redundant for this thread....
How will I ever truly express myself about those rotten *smile* *smile* at Collingwood and how their *smile* unwashed band of toothless *smile* supporters really *smile* *smile* me?

• Haha