Other Games Rnd 20 ... If you give a stuff | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Other Games Rnd 20 ... If you give a stuff

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Didn't watch it but apparently it was an uncontested borefest. 262 marks...

On track to be comfortably the lowest-scoring Round 20 ever. Couple of Marvel games might be enough to rescue it from notoriety.

Borefest indeed.

268 marks from what I can see, given the average for 2021 is 190 per game that is stunning. Geez, talk about chip, mark, stand ad nauseum. Probably a good thing there was no crowd there, they might have been asleep in the stands.

Edit, sorry, I got the wrong game, it was Collingwood v West Coast which was 268 marks, Geelong v North was 262.

Wow, this will make for exciting games and Dusty moments because we all know Dusty likes to chip and mark :rolleyes:

DS

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Feb 25, 2007
Article on Jake King in the paper where Jake says not to rule Dusty out if Richmond makes the finals. Not sure if that’s based on something he’s heard or it’s just Jake speculating.

I just read that article (link below), id say it's more wishful thinking as from what we have read already dusty cannot have any body contact for 3 months. So likely will start preseason training a little later than the rest.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Simpson has to be on really thin ice. Very average game day coach.
Spent all yesterday with his face in his hands.
The only thing saving himself is his contracted to 24 and with all the cuts to the footy departments.
They might need to hold onto him for 1 more year.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Richmond and WestCoast haven't been the same since they played each other :blowingup
No, this is standard WC out of their comfort zone. Since Covid arrived they are the most mentally soft side I can recall. They have the talent but not the will. It’s amazing they won the 2018 flag.

Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Article on Jake King in the paper where Jake says not to rule Dusty out if Richmond makes the finals. Not sure if that’s based on something he’s heard or it’s just Jake speculating.
Jake’s probably punched a few kidneys in his time, might have the recovery time down pat.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Ratonmygear 6 disposals
5 kicks 1 handball 2 marks.
That's Chol quality.
Massive dud, we seem to make duds look like Wayne Carey sometimes
Pretty sure the Ratty Golly only had 6 kicks against us as well, *smile* only kicked four goals.

• Angry

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Pretty sure the Ratty Golly only had 6 kicks against us as well, *smile* only kicked four goals.
Yep take away the Tiger game Rat has kicked 9 goals from 23 games over the last 2 years. Then goes and kicks 4. Has had less than 10 disposals in every of his last 6 games averaging 7.5. Not quite Cox level but close.

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
West Coast Eagles The Flat Track Bullies at their best Yesterday

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Like us, West Coast have been hit hard by the rule changes.

West Coast rely on forcing their opponents to kick high and long when going inside 50m. These kicks were then picked off by the likes of McGovern, Barrass, Hurn etc. they would then counter attack with precision kicking into a forward line stacked with tall talent.

Now, possession heavy sides like Geelong, Sydney and yesterday, Collingwood have been able to open them up in a big, big way. They do this by using the stand rule to short kick into their forward line and avoid The like of McGovern, Barrass who are then caught out guarding space instead of an opponent. Combine that with an underperforming midfield and they are currently on track to be the only finalist ever to have been belted by 90+ points twice in a season.

Reactions: 6 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Why is the season still going? Most matches look like training runs and some teams don't give a stuff with lack of crowd which is the major part of having a 'real' game. Might as well cut the season short and play finals now as other leagues have done.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Sydney need to pull their fingers out agains tthe Bombers.
Hawks stitching up the Bears.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Hawks smashing the Lions!!! I guess the team really are happy that Clarko's leaving.