Other Round 5 Games - Immaterials v Irrelevants | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Other Round 5 Games - Immaterials v Irrelevants

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Really hoping WCE can do a number on Bumwood tonight. It would actually be better ladder wise if Bumwood won, I suppose, but the opportunity to effectively end their season and send them potentially into a massive tailspin that could last a looooong time, is too good not to wish for.

Dunno if WCE can belt them or not, but if they do, it'll bring all the problems they've got at the moment to the fore again i.e. Nayfan, their Presidential issues, their huge list management issues etc and it'll get their ugly fans all worked up into a lather again.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
I'd be content with the Pies sneaking over the line by a point after being outplayed. They can keep papering over the cracks, they can sign Nafan to a new contract and start the march towards 600 for him.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I'd be content with the Pies sneaking over the line by a point after being outplayed. They can keep papering over the cracks, they can sign Nafan to a new contract and start the march towards 600 for him.

I understand that thinking, but we've had a few bothers with them the last few years so if they were eliminated early before playing them, that helps us. And as Kevin Sheedy always said, you wanna eliminate sides from contention when you get the opportunity.

Plus, if they go into a tailspin its not to say that they don't replace Nayfan with someone worse e.g. go down the big coach route like Carlton have done in the past and totally stuff it up. I can see them under a new President who's trying to make a mark on things, chasing a Clarkson or Ross Lyon or someone, and making a total mess of it that impacts on them for many years to come.

Elimination and long term turmoil.