Other shitt kicker games round 11 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Other shitt kicker games round 11

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Blues just aren't very good.

I was watching that game thinking, geez I think we have a better list than them. The balance of their list is not great. For a team that hasn't played finals in 10 years, their best players are getting closer to 30. It seems quite an unbalanced list and bar Curnow, McKay and Motlop, who actually kicks goals for them. They have very few avenues to goal and appear a fair way over rated.

I mean I watched Saad quite a lot in that game, seemed to always be out of the contest, seemed to avoid contact a lot, seemed to be out of the play. For someone at nearly 29, he should be impacting games, but for me he's 1 of the most over rated players in the AFL.

Reactions: 4 users

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
Probably wants to go to Geelong to play with his brother.

Just on that @BluesBloke whats your take on the 4 year deal for Pittonet and drop off in De Koning?
Not a fan of it. Now is not the time to be rewarding players, but if it had to be done, I thought two would've been about right at this stage - he's nowhere near consistent enough to have warranted four.

As for DeKoning - he checked out weeks ago I think. Recently out on the *smile* with his brother and some Geelong players down that way apparently..which tells you all you need to know. He can go as far as I'm concerned, and for a change another club can pay exorbitantly for 'potential'.

But it's a sad situation when players want to leave. I was watching a podcast this week featuring two players from the '79 premiership - they said blokes couldn't wait to get to Carlton to pull on that jumper - it was 'an honour' to wear it in those days. It's not the case now if you look at the current crew and the long line of spuds who've worn the monogram in the 21st century, particularly the past decade. The respect for the jumper isn't there anymore, which is a terrible shame - but the club's to blame for that - respect is what you earn.

And to be honest I saw bugger-all of the game tonight - through choice. I watched the first quarter or so before switching it off without a second thought. The care factor's not there nor is the want to waste a perfectly good Friday night with it. The writing was on the wall pretty early and if there's no care for the end result then the choice to switch off is an easy one.

Reactions: 1 users

Little Ziggyadee

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2021
Carlton supporters going off there heads.
Not sure why?
Your not winning a flag with Piitonet, Saad, McGovern, McKay, Newman, The dud from freo/stkilda, Kennedy.
It's a very average side.
That's all

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
Not sure why?
Your not winning a flag with Piitonet, Saad, McGovern, McKay, Newman, The dud from freo/stkilda, Kennedy.
That's all
Yep. That team is full of spuds. Ain’t winning sh!t.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I've always liked Vossy. Admired him as a footballer and probably deserves a bit of success as a coach. But I think he is skating on thin ice at Carlton. A tough gig coaching
Being a champion player doesn't make for a champion coach, nor does being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Starting to look like Vossy has stuck his coaching foot into a second career *smile* hole. Would be extremely unlikely to get another opportunity if he can't get something building at Carlscum by the end of next year.

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Not sure why?
That's all
Yes they are a very ordinary side for sure, one we could only draw with!!

• Sad

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Being a champion player doesn't make for a champion coach, nor does being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Starting to look like Vossy has stuck his coaching foot into a second career *smile* hole. Would be extremely unlikely to get another opportunity if he can't get something building at Carlscum by the end of next year.
*smile*, he’ll be luck to survive to the end of this year TM.

• Sad

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
I was hoping you were off line tonight.

Don’t blame me. Blame Crazy Voss.
Where tipping, predictions etc are concerned, it is very clear to me Stroking Laces that you have been infected by spoof and Nobet Pays.

You need to distance yourself from the Dunces of Doom.

• Haha

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
I'm not in the 'sack Voss' camp. Hoping the club stays the course, gets him the support he needs and backs him in. Otherwise it's around we go again on the never-ending mediocrity merry-go-round.

The sack-the-coach answer hasn't worked, so they'd do well to try something different for a change by backing the coach and identifying and fixing the issues, instead of bringing in someone new, getting that instant 'sugar-hit' of form that temporarily comes with a new coach then ending up in a similar hole sometime later.

What Voss has got working against him however is the age demographic of the current list, particularly some of the top-end players. They're going to need to be bold at the trade table to fix this.

Reactions: 5 users