Other shitt kicker games round 11 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Other shitt kicker games round 11

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I'm not in the 'sack Voss' camp. Hoping the club stays the course, gets him the support he needs and backs him in. Otherwise it's around we go again on the never-ending mediocrity merry-go-round.

The sack-the-coach answer hasn't worked, so they'd do well to try something different for a change by backing the coach and identifying and fixing the issues, instead of bringing in someone new, getting that instant 'sugar-hit' of form that temporarily comes with a new coach then ending up in a similar hole sometime later.

What Voss has got working against him however is the age demographic of the current list, particularly some of the top-end players. They're going to need to be bold at the trade table to fix this.

It took the Tigers many years to work the out BB, we then had to keep firstly Frawley for 5 years & then Wallace for 5 years. We then had the credibility to attract a good coach.
It can take a long time to remove the "sack the Coach" stigma that we had & you guys are currently dealing with.

Reactions: 2 users

saigon tiger

Tiger Superstar
Jun 4, 2010
I'm not in the 'sack Voss' camp. Hoping the club stays the course, gets him the support he needs and backs him in. Otherwise it's around we go again on the never-ending mediocrity merry-go-round.

The sack-the-coach answer hasn't worked, so they'd do well to try something different for a change by backing the coach and identifying and fixing the issues, instead of bringing in someone new, getting that instant 'sugar-hit' of form that temporarily comes with a new coach then ending up in a similar hole sometime later.

What Voss has got working against him however is the age demographic of the current list, particularly some of the top-end players. They're going to need to be bold at the trade table to fix this.
Lots of my mates Carlton supporters saying something similar. They all like and respect Vossy and want him to succeed but not happy with recruitment etc over the journey

Reactions: 1 user

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Some very uneven games this weekend, especially for the top teams
Saints play lowly Hawthorn.
Port play middling side Tigers,
Collingwood get poor old North
Essendon get another easy one against the Eagles.
Hard to see anyone of those 4 teams losing, but fate dictates sometimes.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Soft drops there from Max King twice. Gave Blanck a push to the chest, gets 1 back in the shoulder, drops and gets 50 then goes down super easy on the way to goal from the 50 when Sicily blocked him. Softttttttttttttttttttt

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Soft drops there from Max King twice. Gave Blanck a push to the chest, gets 1 back in the shoulder, drops and gets 50 then goes down super easy on the way to goal from the 50 when Sicily blocked him. Softttttttttttttttttttt
Just saw on the website, softcock.
Also, what's going on with St Kilda jumper. There's no yellow in their strip.

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
Just saw on the website, softcock.
Also, what's going on with St Kilda jumper. There's no yellow in their strip.

The Saints colours were originally Red, Black & Yellow, they changed to Red, White & Black during the 1st World War because the German national colours were Red, Black & Yellow. They never changed back.

I suppose they're using these as their "heritage colours"

Reactions: 2 users

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
The Saints colours were originally Red, Black & Yellow, they changed to Red, White & Black during the 1st World War because the German national colours were Red, Black & Yellow. They never changed back.

Same colours as the Indigenous flag too.

Hawks kicking themselves out of it?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

All thanks to SHitler.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

Interesting bit of history - thanks.

I wonder whether the German migrant community were part of the saints history / formation maybe.

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk

The St Kilda Cricket Club did the same but did change back which is why their colours are red, yellow and black.

BluesBloke

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2012
Higgins could've sealed it for the Saints if not for a spilt mark metres in front. Thought then that could be costly.

Fair play to the Hawks - young and exciting, playing with a bit of flair and taking the game on.

Reactions: 1 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Good to see Aints and possibly Boringbourne lose today. Looks like our Freo game away is harder to win now.