Other sports to follow | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Other sports to follow

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
jackfrost said:
Geeez Redders, Ill agree that "our" game has regressed to a point of which I rarely follow anymore, but Baseball ???......really !!!!!

You must really like your sleep mate.

The NFL's still the game that gets the juices flowing..........

Go Steelers !!!...................at least a more successful team in yellow & black. ;D

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Unfortunately boys, baseball is a more popular sport than Aussie Rules worldwide, thus making you in the minority. Hee hee hee.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Redford said:
Unfortunately boys, baseball is a more popular sport than Aussie Rules worldwide, thus making you in the minority. Hee hee hee.

Best summer sport. Way ahead of boring cricket.

premiers2011

Eat 'em Alive!!
Oct 22, 2007
TigerForce said:
Best summer sport. Way ahead of boring cricket.

Maybe test cricket but there's alot more balls hit over the fence in twenty20 than that baseball crap.

jackfrost

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Redford said:

No arguements there Redders, but that doesn't mean it isn't boring, more times than not, does it ??...................I mean 162 games, multiplied by 30 teams equals.........4860 games per season, then throw in the playoffs.............. how many of those are actually worth watching ????

Playoffs ???...........sure, they all come to play, but the rest, very, very small percentage are what you'd call enthralling entertainmant mate.

After watching it for 20 years in a baseball-crazed town like St Lou, I seen it with my own 2 eyes..........totally overhyped as an entertainment package for sure.

jackfrost

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
TigerForce said:
Go Steelers !!!...................at least a more successful team in yellow & black. ;D

Gave my boys a major arse whooping last year, love the history and passion of that Organization, they still play the good old fashioned Smash-mouth game of old...........but I still despise them for beating my Boys, but also admire them from afar.

Wont be far away again next season either.

nccc

Tiger Rookie
Apr 27, 2005
NHL ice hockey a fantastic sport to follow. Stanley Cup playoffs now on (for next 4 or 5 weeks) so something to grab my attention other than our shouse footy team.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
No. The 49ers. They're the only non Boston team I follow. Michigan Wolverines as well if you wanna include college.

jackfrost

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2007
Los Angeles, California
Redford said:
No. The 49ers. They're the only non Boston team I follow. Michigan Wolverines as well if you wanna include college.

Well then, you know how to pick your "Football" teams then, don't you. Glutton for punishment ?......................been a while since youve been on a "Winner", so to speak..........be interested to see if Singletary can get that team up and running over the next few seasons.

Loved him as a Player................one of the best.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
premiers09 said:
Maybe test cricket but there's alot more balls hit over the fence in twenty20 than that baseball crap.

20/20 is what's virtually killed the game. It's nothing but backyard kids cricket.

Spirit of Jack

Only a Tiger premiership can make 2020 a good year
Apr 19, 2004
My suggestions;

NBA - enjoy the playoffs and the Lakers in particular
MLB - enjoy the early season and the Dodgers in particular
EPL - catch Liverpool just falling short this time, but setting themselves up to win the next PL title
F1 - watch Webber finally go around in a decent car
MotoGP - watch Stoner battle it out with Rossi
Cycling - enjoy the Giro then Le Tour, with Cadel, Lance and Contador it will be brilliant
The Ashes - the only cricket worth watching is playing the poms over there

There's more to life than footy, but there's not more to life than sports!

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
jackfrost said:
Gave my boys a major arse whooping last year, love the history and passion of that Organization, they still play the good old fashioned Smash-mouth game of old...........but I still despise them for beating my Boys, but also admire them from afar.

Wont be far away again next season either.

Ya can't beat the Steel Curtain. ;D

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Crabtree would be spewing about having to play under Singletary the dud Holy Roller nut case he is.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
I wish Australia had a more stable and efficient sporting system as the US has in major competition: NFL, NBA, NHL & MLB.

After the NFL in winter, you turn to the NBA and NHL for other sports and then in summer the MLB opens up for 6 months as the NFL returns.

In Australia we continue to have 2 major football sports instead of 1 (rugby & AFL) and then a deteriorating & boring game of cricket when summer arrives. The only other sports to follow in summer (which are more winter sports) are the now-defunct NBL which has also deteriorated and the sub-standard A League.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Col.W.Kurtz said:
They haven't been so great either. The return of the Chimp does offer some excitement, but Dan Connor's current form is deeply depressing.

Connor's is a one trick pony. Been saying it since last year he wont make it. Should have traded him while he had some value.