Other Teams | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Other Teams

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
I was just wondering which teams everyone has a "soft spot" for..? the ones you always say "i hope Blah blah win" too. a "second favourite" if you will...

Now before i get all the "i bleed yellow and black" there is only one team" yadda yadda yadda....there must be at least one team..i.e the team your best friend/wife/husband barracks for etc.

i have a couple...

1) Saints (coz of my dad, and im related to one of the players lol.)
2) the hawks (coz of my aunty)
3) the doggies (just coz they cant win)
and 4) The pies..(no im not crazy!! appart for their fked up supporters, i quite like watching them play.)

But of course none of them compare to the mighty tiges ;)

Lol, now everyone....

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
Always had a soft spot for the Roy Boys. Wouldn't say they are my second team but the Lions are good to watch and they've beaten Ess and Coll on grand final day in the past 2 so that's worth a bonus point.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
KFC I think I also sympathised with the Roy Boys mainly because of what happened to them, and I was their that fatefull day at the MCG for their last appearance.

I love the Tigers belting opposition side, but must admit I felt a pang of pain for the poor old Fitzroy Football Club and their supporter that day.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
I purchased a Fitzroy badge and wore it on my Tigers scarf that day. It was wrong that their last game was played in Perth - I always felt an odd conection as we were the side they defeated in 44 for their last flag pre merger (ha - merger my ass). I guess we also were close at one stage to heading down that path so we could empathise with the Fitzroy faithfull

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
I actually also have a soft spot for the Saints.

Like us, they went thought a real bad few years. Alot of their supporters remained loyal and kept going to see St Kilda knowing that they would get belted.

Its good to see St Kilda looking like they will make the finals next year.

What happened to Fitzroy was a disgrace. Oakley was determined to get rid of them. Sydney had a much greater debt that Fitzroy did, however, Oakley had the AFL bail Sydney out and folded Fitzroy.

Some people say that the Fitzroy and Brisbane Bears merged. I totally disagree, Fitzroy was taken over by Brisbane just like a corparate take over.

If Fitzroy had been able to hang on to all their players, they would a easily challenged for a premiership.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
1. Carlton due to seeing many of their games axs a youth when I lived in Melbourne and my old man was a fan of theirs.
2. West Coast, something about them I like.
3. Brisbane always have for some reason but starting to like them less.
4. Did always like Fitzroy too for some reason.
5. Have a soft spot for the Dockers as well.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I have a soft spot for the Roos. Due to my son barracking for them, I've had dealings with the club over several years and their friendliness and welcoming attitude amazes me.

They always return mail and calls as though it's a real pleasure for them rather than a duty.

Even though they knew I didn't barrack for North, one day when I was there they offered to show me around the club, into the gym etc. Nothing seems too much bother for them.

I love the fact they have a small band of very loyal followers, yet still have a viable (hope they can keep it up) club.

Love their us against them attitude on the ground, and the way they can rise above the odds to get the best out of themselves.

I wish Richmond had half of the Roos attitude.

I have a soft spot for Freo, mainly cos they are pretty inoffensive.

Tenacious Tiges

I remember when Balmey just thugged them .....
Apr 11, 2003
1. Swans (Really because they are South Melbourne) because my Dad had followed them all his life and had me thinking I was one of them until I came to my senses at the age of 4. They haven't one won since '33 and whilst I couldn't handle the size of the bandwagon from Sydney I would love to see them go all the way this year for my Dad and all those long suffering South Melbourne supporters. Also Roosy is a good bloke and a good COACH.

2. Dare I say the Bummers because I still love Sheedy and I admire the way both he and the club have built a dynasty out of a pretty average side from the late 60's and throughout the 70's. Living in the area they really are part of the community as a club and they recruit a lot of good local lads.

After that stuff the rest.