Ottens takes the first steps to recovery | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ottens takes the first steps to recovery

A

admin

From RealFooty

Ottens takes the first steps to recovery
By Martin Blake
March 14 2003

The tingling in Brad Ottens' legs has gone, but he still faces a recovery period of 10 to 12 weeks after undergoing back surgery on Wednesday night.

Richmond's mercurial ruckman was walking around in the Epworth Hospital yesterday and reported that the tingling, caused by a prolapsed disc in the back, had gone.

"That's one thing he did say and that's good," said Greg Miller, Richmond's football director. "Everything went well but it's too early to tell whether the prognosis has changed."

There was a suggestion yesterday that the Tigers might ask retired Melbourne captain Garry Lyon, who had the latter part of his career blighted by a prolapsed disc, speak to Ottens.

However Miller said the cases were different.

"Gary's (back) was a long time coming. It was a degenerative thing. Brad's is more an acute case that's cropped up in the last three weeks and we're fortunate that we can get to it early in the piece."

It is understood that Tigers coach Danny Frawley and midfielder Kane Johnson visited Ottens in hospital yesterday. He is expected to be well enough to begin swimming on Monday.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Crikey, swimming on Monday? I thought he had to rest for a month.
Pencil him in for round 1 ;D