Ottens | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Ottens

A

admin

If the injury happened to Richo, the season is over before it even started. .
A couple of Diggler gems from Roarpower last season.

Time to trade the show pony.

And the piece de resistance

One good game for the year and everyone is saying pay him 750k. Were was he when we really needed him firing. Injured and in the grandstand. You lot have very short memories. Remember the Carlton game. He will be 28 next year and hammies another year older. Get rid of him now and take whatever we can get for him. He is not reliable enough anymore to build a side around.

Haha the things you find. :rollin

What I was actually looking for was an article about Kayne Pettifer being suspended for round 1.  I've read it somewhere I think.  Does anyone know if that's right.

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
What I was actually looking for was an article about Kayne Pettifer being suspended for round 1.  I've read it somewhere I think.  Does anyone know if that's right.
well it cant be for anything to do with the physical aspects of the game ;D

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
And all this crap from tiger supporters on the radio ...

This is just a sad reflection of the amount of faith that our own supporters and the football world has in our Club RR. :'(

For a change, why can't we stand by our own and show some support for Danny in his efforts.

Spot on RR. As I've posted before, somewhere else, I'd love to see how others would cope with the same amount of intense scrutiny and pressure on them as there is on our Club to succeed. Some supporters just aren't prepared to give people a go. The season hasn't even started yet, in case anyone hasn't realised.

But if we choose to do the same old trick, then none of us has any right to complain when things don't improve.

Right again RR. We keep following the same worn path and end up with the same useless results. So we have no one to blame but ourselves for our inability to progress.

I hope people out there are listening.

P.S.: Right alongside there with you RR. ;)

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003

That is correct Rosy. I read the same thing too. May have been in last week's edition of Inside Footy.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
I still stand by those statements rosy ;D
As I said, he is fast approaching 30 and if he cant fulfil his potential this year, he never will and my comments will be proved right. I hope for the clubs sakes he does, alas I have serious reservations that his time has passed. (to injury prone)
Who cares if Frawley has worked his butt off Rampaging Richo. He is paid big bucks to do so and is on a performance based contract to boot. This will be his fourth year and another year like last year is unacceptable. Its all right for you to criticize supporters who ring up talkback. But the crap that they played like two weeks ago, what do you expect? It happens to often. The buck stops with frawley. If he hasnt got the balls to sack some of the duds on our list who never perform in a crisis, get a Sheedy or Wallace who will.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Pettifer has one week to serve for striking in a typical petulent display once the Coburg effort was finished in the semis last year V Werribee.

Diggler, the club is still paying for sins of the previous GM who gave long term deals to players and we are stuck with some duds in the process. This will be rectified at years end. But in the meantime, Danny has to work with what we got, which really isn't overly great.

My final word before I move onto other topics is give Danny a break, assess him at the end of the year, but until that point, support him 110%.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
the club is still paying for sins of the previous GM who gave long term deals to players and we are stuck with some duds in the process.  This will be rectified at years end.  But in the meantime, Danny has to work with what we got, which really isn't overly great.

That excuse doesn't wash anymore RR.

Frawley is as much responsible for the state of the list as anyone else in the football department, past or present.  He has had 4 pre seasons to sought out the list and every player has been through a contract renegotiation during this time.  He has overseen 4 drafts and has had more than enough chances to shape the list the way he sees fit.  

If Richmond fail this year Frawley should rightly take the fall.

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
I think Frawley isn't to far away from success but there are still a few points he needs to address.

1) Game plan and match day tatics.

2) Get some decent back up talls on our list for god
sake.

3) End of this season, King, Rogers, D Kellaway,
Houlihan, Biddiscombe, and Mills, Bye Bye and dont
come back. Thanks for nothing.