Our Next President- Peggy O’Neal [merged] | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Our Next President- Peggy O’Neal [merged]

Bondi Tiger

Tiger Cub
May 31, 2011
Sydney
Re: Peggy O’Neal the new Richmond president (RFC site)

CC TIGER said:
Am I wrong saying she was Peggy Haines ?

I am pretty sure that she was Haines until recently. I know someone on a board with her and it looks like we have a very impressive Prez and perhaps more importantly we got to an outcome without either of the other two candidates throwing their toys out of the cot.

zgod

Tiger Legend
Feb 25, 2008

se7en said:
A woman doing a man's job.
Well, I've seen it all now. ;)
Agree. First item of business is to get a kitchen sink intalled in her office. . :-X
Only joking. Best of luck, seems like a great appointment and happy to see the tigers lead the pack.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
A mature board was able to work through the Speed and O’Shannassy split and appoint her without dividing and voting - great work and she still has the expertise of the current board behind her.

Great outcome and proud that the club can be leaders off the field. (we don't need media personalities to build profile)

I assume that means there is one spot left on the Board to be filled left by March.

Coming from Landers and Rogers (one of the leading international sports lawyer firms in Aust) means she will understand the sports business world pretty well.

Might be worth attending this yeas AGM to hear her vision for the club in person.

Backbone

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 21, 2008

smasha said:
:'( :'( :'( :hearton :hearton :hearton

They're happy cries btw. ;D

Proud of our club.
Done everything right off field.

Now to get that cup!

P.S a charge of our glasses to Gary March.A magnificent job and all the best for your future.

BIG LIKE to this!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003

CC TIGER said:

i assume that's the case cc.

congratulations peggy. looking forward to you leading us to success both on and off the field. :)

Mac

Tiger Champion
Sep 16, 2003
Gary March....our Ian Dicker?

A man who helped 'save' a club and much loved and welcomed back to help celebrate the next flag shortly after handing over the reins?

Good luck Peggy and a massive thanks to Gary!

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008

CC TIGER said:

that would make sense.
when i saw the name i thought it strange that i'd never heard of her.

congrats. hopefully she is a good appointment.

Big Tiger

Tiger Rookie
Jul 15, 2013

CC TIGER said:
Yes it is Peggy Haines.

A wonderful hard working Board member. Don't underestimate how much this decision saved us from potential instability. Speed wasn't even a member until a few years ago, read carefully his "supportive" statement basically wishing her well. That's what you say in a reference for crap employees, not in support of your new president. If you've got long service leave owing, ask Gary March what he thinks of him. Peggy is a wonderful appointment.

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
Re: Our Next President- Peggy O’Neal [merged]

Congratulations to Peggy O'Neal as she begins her tenure as RFC President.

As an aside, I did get an opportunity tonight to talk to someone who did work with Mal Speed in his time with Cricket Australia.

My friend tells me that we are very lucky to have Mal Speed on the Board, he is an extremely good operator.
Prior to his time at CA, Speed was an excellent criminal lawyer, tough and uncompromising.
At CA, Speed turned the administration around and took it into the 21st century.
This wouldn't have been easy as his predecessor, Halbish, had been sacked.
Speed's reputation is for setting an objective, planning in detail, then working tirelessly and uncompromisingly until it is achieved.
He did have an illness that caused his premature retirement from his ICC position, and hopefully is fully recovered.

Personally, I wish Peggy O'Neal a long and successful tenure as RFC President.
Also, I hope that sometime in the future, Mal Speed gets his opportunity to lead the RFC to further glory.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Well done to both Peggy n the RFC, nothing at all wrong in being FIRST at something, anything, ladders would be nice.
Seeing as we've advanced from token female board member to token female El Presidente for life ;D, yeah yeah I know sexist misogynist pig. Just wondering if any one knows of a possible further female candidate with the cred to take up the board vacancy left by the Marchfly's departure.
If it's good enough to promote one femme from board to pres why not find another competent femme to round out the hierarchy even more.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Re: New Prez

tigertim said:
Pfft, just pandering to the female demographic......

:sarcasm
FWIW, my sister now tells me she will take up barracking for the tiges. Follows up my good work on converting my niece.

Azza

Tiger Champion
Aug 30, 2007
Re: New Prez

RFC56 said:
Well done Peggy. If the board was spilt over Speed and O’Shannassy, then this seems the smart move. Well done Tigers.

Yep, good stuff. Good to keep the continuity from March too.

Knighta

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 17, 2008
Our new pres is discussing premierships starting from next year on the site that must not be named!

I for one am glad! Remember Dimma copping it at the start of the year for telling the fans finals were coming. But boy did the fans turn out for the final!

Tygrys

Tiger Superstar
Apr 25, 2004
How pleased am I! My wife is American and I told her that she couldn't support any other team but the Tigers (I did also give her some valid reasons as well - colours, history, emblem, sleeping giant etc). Now she's also a member and is even my rabid than I am! Anyhow I called her today and told her a fellow countrywoman is now Richmond's president. Did Hubby make a good call or what! ;D