Out of Contract 2020 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Out of Contract 2020

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Probably but I reckon they would see a young bull like him as perfect foundation for their new "culture".

The joint is flked they still haven't recovered from the 17 slapping.

Reactions: 1 user

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Graham is a fantastic kid, but he does have shoulder issues.
Not sure both SA clubs would be as keen now, compared to his performance in the 17 GF.
Reckon Fridge's performance in the 19 prelim with one arm hanging off says as much about the young fella as his 17 Grannie.
Absolutely love the way he goes about his footy and hoping he stays a Tiger. But............There's always a but.
If a S.A. club came after him and he was also interested in going back, you'd think he'd be a viable proposition for a fairly decent deal to be struck.
Jack Ross plays mid field bull, R2D2 plays mid field bull and plenty of us expect he'll find the senior level this year, obviously Presty, Cadds, Dusty n Cotch spend some time as mids. Fish, Lamblett, Shedda, Higlet n Stacka will also get midfield time.
Graham, Ross, Collier Dawkins might be one too many big young bulls to maintain in the one team, if there's some mutual interest between player and a home state club it'd be foolish of the club not to discuss the possibilities.

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Reckon Fridge's performance in the 19 prelim with one arm hanging off says as much about the young fella as his 17 Grannie.
Absolutely love the way he goes about his footy and hoping he stays a Tiger. But............There's always a but.
If a S.A. club came after him and he was also interested in going back, you'd think he'd be a viable proposition for a fairly decent deal to be struck.
Jack Ross plays mid field bull, R2D2 plays mid field bull and plenty of us expect he'll find the senior level this year, obviously Presty, Cadds, Dusty n Cotch spend some time as mids. Fish, Lamblett, Shedda, Higlet n Stacka will also get midfield time.
Graham, Ross, Collier Dawkins might be one too many big young bulls to maintain in the one team, if there's some mutual interest between player and a home state club it'd be foolish of the club not to discuss the possibilities.

Everything is open,
*if he wants to go
*if we already have adequate replacements
*a deal to good to refuse
*cap space
*injuries

The club is the strongest its been since cavemen (& women) walked the planet, what ever decision is made its going to have a better outcome then previous ones.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
The tigers are in a pretty stable place at the moment and I reckon this time last year we could see the writing on the wall for those who left at the end of last season. Rance the exception but maybe not on reflection.

I reckon Graham will stay and the club will want him to stay. He is a future leader and 200 gamer and you don’t let them walk if you can help it.

You can see the club building a war chest of some pretty good young players, some who have already shown they can be big game players. This current team was built around some high draft pics which delivered a couple of superstars but the next one will be built very differently. Before it was play the kids and get them to 50 games as quick as possible , now its develop the kids in the VFL and bring them in when ready. Both models involve trading to fill the gaps.

Not all the kids will make it of course but it will be interesting to see how the next generation (post Cotch and JR) goes.

Reactions: 1 user

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Personally i'd be looking to keep all of the younger core we have now & add to it as we go. These kids are the Clubs future once our snr core start to retire etc.