Outlook Express Problem | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Outlook Express Problem

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
People

Having a problem with outlook express. When i hit send/receive the system appears to be downloading emails, but nothing happens then I get and error message that the server has not responsed for 30/60 seconds etcetra with the question wait/stop.

I used the web access to clear all mail in my mail box but this still has not changed things. I appear to be able to send but when I sent a test message to my email address the mail goes alright, but when I try to recieve it goes back into the same circle.

I have not altered my settings at all and I am having little luck trying to get a sensible answer our of my ISP. although the Internet is working fine.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Gus

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Gus, I can think of a couple of things.... Most ISP's generally use the POP3 protocol to download mail and SMTP to send mail. Is there a possibility that you have a firewalll that is blocking POP3 outbound? or have you recently installed Service pack 2 for windows XP? It has a very restrictive built in firewall that needs some tweaking. Either that or your ISP has changed it's POP3 server and not notified you.

After checking my suggestions, let me know how you go and I'll keep on it for you.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Thanks Tiga

It appears that the problem is at the ISP end as after about an hour on the phone last night it is back working this morning. When the problem first occured they finally found something at their end and it worked for a while then reverted to the same problem.

The most frustrating part is that it usually takes me about half an hour to convince them that it is at their end. Touch wood so far so good.

I am getting sick of reentering the account data just to convince the help operators that that is not he problem. ;D

Thanks again Tiga

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
No probs Gus, Anytime. Don't you hate level 1 support!

Does this sound familiar..." What operating system are you running.....Have you rebooted your modem??....Blah Blah Blah!" ;D :'(