Paddy Dangerdive | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Paddy Dangerdive

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
Dangerfield: I also have a due diligence to protect myself.
Reporter: But what about the due diligence to your opponent?
Dangerfield: Seriously, who do you think the supporters are here to watch, and at any rate - he took a dive!
Reporter: A dive..... how can you be so sure of that?
Dangerfield: How can i be so sure? (looks around in woderment). Well becuase i'm an expert on diving (flops on the ground with arms splayed out)
Reporter: You got me there

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

gold1

Tiger Champion
Feb 24, 2008
POSITION WANTED.

Out of work footballer is seeking a six week position.
Happy to lay out all and sundry
For resume details log on to:

KNOCKOUT.COM.AU

Reactions: 1 user

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
So, he says he had to protect himself.

Can someone tell me who he was protecting himself against??

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
If he only gets 2 weeks, will the AFL appeal the decision as excessively inadequate?

At least Houli showed some remorse and apologised and his only concern was the welfare of the player.

Reactions: 6 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
Minimum sentence 3, but much will depend on Kelly’s medical report. Apparently he was still in difficulty yesterday. That level of physical damage should add to his penalty.
Also a factor is the defence, which looks like nonsense when you consider that all Kelly was doing, was preparing to kick. Danger was not protecting himself but rather imposing a big hit when he had the same level of opportunity to tackle.
4-6.

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Will there be crowds of Geesook supporters standing outside the front of Harrison House in the dark, waiting to hear the outcome of this unfair charge against their champion?

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Minimum sentence 3, but much will depend on Kelly’s medical report. Apparently he was still in difficulty yesterday. That level of physical damage should add to his penalty.
Also a factor is the defence, which looks like nonsense when you consider that all Kelly was doing, was preparing to kick. Danger was not protecting himself but rather imposing a big hit when he had the same level of opportunity to tackle.
4-6.

Danger - I had to brace to protect myself from the player that didn't even know I was there
Reporter - What about Kelly? Whgen was he chance to brace as he didn't know you were coming, and you changed direction into him?
Danger - Not my problem, as long as I'm ok thats it.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Said he had no other choice but to bump. If he tackled he would have given away the free.

The thing is he didn't need to tackle either. He changed direction at the last minute, you seem a sharp deviation towards the left as he launches himself off his right foot into Kelly. If he has continued in a straight line he could have attempted a spoil but he wanted to be physical to Kelly.

Note that the terms are "he wanted" not "no option" like Scott and DangerFlog want people to believe.

Pissweak from the both of them. They just won't admit that HE initiated contact, there was no inevitable contact there, he deviated off his line to initiate contact.

Pandaboy

Tiger Superstar
Mar 27, 2009
If a broken nose and concussion is not considered severe contact then I dont know what is.

Ridiculous defence.

Reactions: 1 user

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Said he had no other choice but to bump. If he tackled he would have given away the free.
Not surprising really. They learnt in last years GF that there is no free kick for knocking someone out with a cheap shot to the head/face of an opponent...