Paddy Dangerdive | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Paddy Dangerdive

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
I quite like his p*sstake of himself in the NAB ad when a little Touhy comes out.
I know. Everytime it comes on I cant decide whether it shows his true selfish arrogant side, worried about Brownlows, or whether it is genuinely a bit funny. I just prefer to continue to think he is a selfish wanker.

From what i saw last night, he played a good game. But he is meant to be one of the best in the AFL, and his team's best. He was probably his team's best, and that is why they got flogged. I think the "tries too hard" idea has merit. he doesnt have natural composure or high skill, so he tries to physically enforce himself, which leads to mistakes.

oh well, maye he will get his deserved premiership next year.

Reactions: 3 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
The comparisons with Dustin annoy the crap out of me.... sure, every player turns the ball over on occasion but I don’t recall Martin just blasting the ball around corners... Dangerfield did it at least 4 times lastnight.

Apparently coz his legs move up and down fast he's explosive.... to me he just hacks it out of contests. .... something Dustin never does!

Reactions: 4 users

kevbokev

Tiger Rookie
Jan 15, 2009
The comparisons with Dustin annoy the crap out of me.... sure, every player turns the ball over on occasion but I don’t recall Martin just blasting the ball around corners... Dangerfield did it at least 4 times lastnight.

Apparently coz his legs move up and down fast he's explosive.... to me he just hacks it out of contests. .... something Dustin never does!
Couldn't agree more. Diver's body moves fast, but his mind does not. Unlike Dusty who sees the game like Neo in The Matrix. Makes all the difference,

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Did he actually hit 1 target by foot last night?
His kicking is atrocious.
His best chance for a flag was with Adelaide.
Dumb bastard

Reactions: 1 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
It really stand out his lack of composure when in tight. Players like edwards, Martin, Bolton, Oliver, Petracca, Ablett jnr, Pendlebury etc either absorb pressure and create space for their teammates or have tricks to create space for themselves and then generally put it to a team mates advantage. Danger has one trick to get a full head of steam up and barge through - if that doesn’t get him space he then just blasts it forward. Basically he is overrated and we are judging him against players that are just better than him. Plus he plays for free kicks way too often.

Reactions: 4 users

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
As good as Petracca, Oliver, Dangerfield are, the one thing that became even clearer to me after last nights game is that no one, and I mean NO ONE, comes close to the Tiger King

Reactions: 1 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
As good as Petracca, Oliver, Dangerfield are, the one thing that became even clearer to me after last nights game is that no one, and I mean NO ONE, comes close to the Tiger King
About time you realised how good George is :clap2

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Dangerfield made his biggest mistake when he left Adelaide for Geelong. The two teams that were up and coming at the time and needed his skill set the most were Richmond and Collingwood. Instead he chose the comforts of Geelong and the lifestyle that it afforded him. He also forced Geelong to trade for him, so that he would not feel so bad about leaving Adelaide in the lurch.

He is no doubt happy with his choice because there is more to life than football. He does not have the ruthlessness and the cold, analytical approach that leads to success. Would Michael Jordan have cared about where he lived or whether the Bulls were going to thrive after he left?

But he tried to have it all. This is not possible. Jeremy Cameron has made the same mistake.

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
It really stand out his lack of composure when in tight. Players like edwards, Martin, Bolton, Oliver, Petracca, Ablett jnr, Pendlebury etc either absorb pressure and create space for their teammates or have tricks to create space for themselves and then generally put it to a team mates advantage. Danger has one trick to get a full head of steam up and barge through - if that doesn’t get him space he then just blasts it forward. Basically he is overrated and we are judging him against players that are just better than him. Plus he plays for free kicks way too often.
And that is Gonemissingafield in a nutshell. No poise, no finesse, just a raging bull that once going has no idea what he doing

Reactions: 1 user

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
I quite like his p*sstake of himself in the NAB ad when a little Touhy comes out.
You're being kind.

My take is that he was approached to use his likeness but he insisted he gets to be the star of the Ad.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Dangerfield made his biggest mistake when he left Adelaide for Geelong. The two teams that were up and coming at the time and needed his skill set the most were Richmond and Collingwood. Instead he chose the comforts of Geelong and the lifestyle that it afforded him. He also forced Geelong to trade for him, so that he would not feel so bad about leaving Adelaide in the lurch.

He is no doubt happy with his choice because there is more to life than football. He does not have the ruthlessness and the cold, analytical approach that leads to success. Would Michael Jordan have cared about where he lived or whether the Bulls were going to thrive after he left?

But he tried to have it all. This is not possible. Jeremy Cameron has made the same mistake.
Totally agree.
He wouldve had more success at Adelaide then the lossers at Geelong

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

Cameron dosent give a *smile*.
Got the cash
Got the boat
And got the location.
They don't call it slepping Hollow for nothing.
Its the AFL version of Cumberland Retirement Village