Paddy Dangerdive | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Paddy Dangerdive

bob

Tiger Superstar
Mar 18, 2014
People forget he had 1 good game in the finals against a finished Collingwood.
As a forward he was average.
Dangerfield 1/4/0/1 total 6
Mudguts 0/4/2/1 total 7.

Us
Jack 2/0/1/2 Total 5
Lynch na/2/1/1 Total 4
For me, the showpony isn't a great kick. Not even a good kick. It's reflected in his DE over the years.
Even without the stats on paper, it's easy to see this during most games.

So the real question to me is: What is someone with that quality of kicking doing in the forward line anyway?
Our poorer kicks in the forward line like Castagna bring the speed, tackling and coverage.
Most times, the showpony isnt a good kick. And at times, Hawkins can be a real hack kick too.

Reactions: 1 user

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
If you want to understand the difference between Dusty and Dangerfield then look at Dusty's last goal where he stole the ball from Stanley and ran around Dangerfield who ineffectually clutched at Dusty's guernsey and was spun off the ground with a swivel of Dusty's hips allowing for Dusty's wonder goal. An Oz kick kid would have done better than Stagerfield

Reactions: 1 users

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
My take. He has his arm outstretched for the ball. All fine up to there. Arm then started to drop. He saw Vlastuin coming, arm again raised with elbow out. At best, its reckless. I will give him the benefit of the doubt but reckless, high impact to the head is still a suspension. That it was let go with no case to answer is disgraceful
Correct weight.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
I'm interested in how the people who see it as 'deliberate, dog act, blatant, lifted his arm etc' explain the complete lack of any remonstration from any Richmond player, despite the game being completely stopped for over 7 minutes and the incident being replayed multiple times?

Doesn't seem very Richmond man to watch one of your team mates be intentionally knocked unconscious and just stroll off into the huddle for a chat? The photo shows Nathan Broad standing next to Dangerfield right afterwards, and he certainly isn't backward in coming forward to fly the flag for his team mates.

To me the logical explanation is they all felt it was a normal footy collision with a really unfortunate outcome.
Yep. Was almost at the stage of hoicking a can through the t.v. when it happened n still pissed off that it did. But there's not a player bothered to remonstrate n raise a fuss so have to take it as one of those split second moments that went horribly wrong.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
Any news if he reached out to nick to check if he is alright? Guess we will find out eventually.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The more I look at Dangerfield's hit on Tigger the more certain I am that he didn't have move his arm from an extended position to one where his forearm hits Tigger on the jaw.
If he is not guilty, then Plugger should've been found not guilty too.

DragaTheCro

Tiger Champion
Apr 20, 2004
I know. It’s ridiculous.
Look how serious I am, no really, I am really serious. Do Not Smile.
Pelican.
He was doing it during their previous finals wins too. Trying to prove something. Now he’s got egg all over that game face. Flog!

RoarEmotion

Tiger Champion
Aug 20, 2005
He was doing it during their previous finals wins too. Trying to prove something. Now he’s got egg all over that game face. Flog!
Guess he thought the power ranger thing worked for his old team when they lost to them in the prelim. Mustn’t have watched the GF.

• Haha

jtigger

Tiger Cub
May 7, 2005
While I am 50/50 on whether it is reportable, I can’t stop thinking about the AFL “appealing” against Bachar when he got 2 weeks and turning it into 4. When they want to be they are remorseless.

• Angry
Reactions: 12 users

TT33

Yellow & Black Member
Feb 17, 2004
Melbourne
I actually come at that from the opposite position. I don't want the players getting anywhere near those situations, it's a medical emergency, no room for non-essentials.

I was impressed with the umpire barking at players to move away and not touch Simpson when he was ko'ed, only for Brian Taylor to start insisting they should be trying to remove his mouthguard.

Speaking of which, after Simpson was taken off, why wasn't there a ball up the same as when Vlossy went down.
The Cats player was playing on after the incident happened, there was no free kick or mark paid so surely there should have been a restart of the game.
But for some unknown reason the Cats player was allowed to have his kick when play resumed.

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Speaking of which, after Simpson was taken off, why wasn't there a ball up the same as when Vlossy went down.
The Cats player was playing on after the incident happened, there was no free kick or mark paid so surely there should have been a restart of the game.
But for some unknown reason the Cats player was allowed to have his kick when play resumed.
Menagola marked it

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
I'm interested in how the people who see it as 'deliberate, dog act, blatant, lifted his arm etc' explain the complete lack of any remonstration from any Richmond player, despite the game being completely stopped for over 7 minutes and the incident being replayed multiple times?

Doesn't seem very Richmond man to watch one of your team mates be intentionally knocked unconscious and just stroll off into the huddle for a chat? The photo shows Nathan Broad standing next to Dangerfield right afterwards, and he certainly isn't backward in coming forward to fly the flag for his team mates.

To me the logical explanation is they all felt it was a normal footy collision with a really unfortunate outcome.

My issue with it was that it was two actions. He didn't just follow through on the punch. He punched, started drawing his arm back, then extended again. That means he had the chance to keep pulling his arm back and brace for the collision. I still think that would have meant Vlas makes contact with his shoulder and probably still ends up KO'ed. But to me it makes him responsible the action.

Reactions: 5 users

tigre garçon

Yes, 2017, 2019 and 2020... were very good years!
Apr 22, 2004
Clearly... 2 arm movements:
1. To punch the ball away
2. To raise his elbow to connect with Flossy's jaw (rather than dropping it down to absorb the contact/impact)

Clearly... 1 leg movement:
1. To raise his right leg to brace for contact

Dangerfield:

"I didn't think there was much in it."
"I was trying to tap the ball away, there were three Richmond players coming towards me."
"Had it been something there would have been repercussions on the field and for everyone it is just play on, it is a contact sport."

Let, by Christian, go through to the keeper... bewildered!

.... and another thing that riled me regarding this unacceptable incident. Elbows walked away looking at his elbow and did not show a skerrick of concern for an unconscious Flossy! :mad:

• Angry
Reactions: 8 users