Paddy Dangerdive | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Paddy Dangerdive

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
It was embarrassing watching Dangerflog going back looking for a free kick when Shorty out bodied him.

The air of entitlement is like watching English Aristocracy.

Patty can sit back now and watch the GF replay and ponder the reality that Dusty is a better kick off the side of his boot than Dangerfield will ever be off the instep.

Reactions: 5 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
There’s an article titled

IT took time for Patrick Dangerfield to step out of his “dark cave” following a grand final loss”
anyone read it or copy it to the board?

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
There’s an article titled

IT took time for Patrick Dangerfield to step out of his “dark cave” following a grand final loss”
anyone read it or copy it to the board?
  1. Nine
  2. Sport
  3. AFL

'Dark cave': Dangerfield reveals emotional pain of grand final loss​

Marc Churches
By Marc Churches
2 hours ago

https://wwos.nine.com.au/afl/patric...al-loss/78d3b11a-644d-407e-8aa6-ff5e443a20ae#
Geelong's loss to the Tigers in last month's AFL Grand Final.
Dangerfield, 30, was unable to steer his side to victory in what was his first-ever grand final. He scored one goal for the Cats but would finish the match with just 12 disposals. ( And made to look like a lower league player)
Already a Brownlow Medallist and eigh-time All-Australian, a premiership medal was virtually the last thing the Geelong star needed to cap off a perfect AFL resume. ”I feel I’m entitled to win multiple premierships. Look at Dusty.“ ( We did ya peanut. He made it look so easy kicking goal of the year after he flicked you over the boundary line)

Reminiscing on how he handled the loss, Dangerfield admitted he struggled with his emotions after it took him an extended period of time to pick himself up following the grand final heartache. “ I’m a sook when things don’t go my way” ( No *smile* kidding)
https%3A%2F%2Fprod.static9.net.au%2Ffs%2Fedc5ccbf-4047-41e3-b7ed-4427e14f5da9
Patrick Dangerfield (Getty)
"Not super well," he told SEN'. (Still sook’ing)

"It took me a while to get out of the dark cave I was in there for a while. ( You’d be scared of the dark. You mean your bedroom with a nightlight)
"Eddie Betts probably sums it up well – in an interview he was talking about the AFL Grand Final and he said it's the best day and worst day all encapsulated into one. “ ken umpires could have given me more free kicks as I couldn’t find the ball myself”
"It was certainly a bit of that, it was a wonderful achievement to put ourselves in a position to play in a Grand Final and we would have loved a different result, but Richmond were spectacular and they deserve it. ( And my weak as *smile* team mates didn’t stand up for me to win myself a premiership)
https://wwos.nine.com.au/videos/afl...-lack-of-leadership/ckhmf7a2q001k0gqljeyuwawt
"They've been an incredible side over a long period of time and they are the benchmark, the challenge is in front of us and we feel with the players we've brought in, that we'll be every bit as competitive come next season. “ well I hope so, Geelong sold the farm to get me my premiership “

nb. Some comments have been added for troof

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 15 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I was waiting for him to blame the team for destroying his premiership flag that he deserved

• Wow

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Dunno what the Clench is complaining about. He managed to play in a Grand Final before he's reached retirement. Whingeing prick should consider himself privileged to have been shrugged off Dusty's coat tails while being shown how to perform as a champion premiership player first hand.

Reactions: 7 users

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
Does this mean Geelong are going to spend the pre-season throwing themselves into the fence at Kitty Kat Park?

..........except Stanley. He will spend the time picking the ball up and handing it to a life size cutout of Dusty.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
Does this mean Geelong are going to spend the pre-season throwing themselves into the fence at Kitty Kat Park?

..........except Stanley. He will spend the time picking the ball up and handing it to a life size cutout of Dusty.
I reckon he needs to go on a camp to get away from it all for a while.....Maybe he should contact some old team mates for advice on where to go.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
I reckon he needs to go on a camp to get away from it all for a while.....Maybe he should contact some old team mates for advice on where to go.
I heard Nike were working with MIAfield on an extreme stud pattern that helps you keep your feet when holding an opponents hips!

• Haha
  • Wow

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Still think he’s one of the smuggest stars the games had, however credit where it’s due , spoke extremely well and complimentary of the mighty Richmond football club the other day

Reactions: 2 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
spoke extremely well and complimentary of the mighty Richmond football club the other day
Don't forget Grigg is over there in a Player Development role. He's obviously doing some 1 on 1 work with Floggerfield

Reactions: 4 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
  1. Nine
  2. Sport
  3. AFL

'Dark cave': Dangerfield reveals emotional pain of grand final loss​

'Dark Cave': Nick Vlastuin reveals the physical pain of getting elbowed in the face by Patrick Dangerfield'

It hurt, sure, said Richmonds Greatest Love Machine, but even when I was out, it was kind of illuminated by the warm, timeless glow of a chandelier of premiership medallions.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 11 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Havent seen a man postulate himself around so much with his nose in the air with his hands on his hips since Yul Brynner played the Siamese King .........etcetera etcetera etcetera.

Maybe he will find a second trip to his cave more enjoyable if they have their worst nightmare scenario play out again with the RFC standing in their way but this time at the MCG lol ....................................

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users