Paddy Dangerdive | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Paddy Dangerdive

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Danger strikes me as one of those wankers that has a self portrait on the loungeroom wall. Something like that Putin on horseback one.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Danger strikes me as one of those wankers that has a self portrait on the loungeroom wall. Something like that Putin on horseback one.
Nah. I don’t think he does. There wouldn’t be any room left on the walls, or the house, because of all the mirrors he would have

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Still waiting for this....

I watched the GF again the other day, geez, once Geelong are on the defensive he just goes for frees at every opportunity.

Dangerfield is a very good player, it really detracts from what he can do. He does get a few frees but I really don't think the behaviour is worth it.

DS

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
I watched the GF again the other day, geez, once Geelong are on the defensive he just goes for frees at every opportunity.

Dangerfield is a very good player, it really detracts from what he can do. He does get a few frees but I really don't think the behaviour is worth it.

DS
I thinks it's the team mindset. There's too many of them at Geelong to be a coincidence.

Reactions: 5 users

WesternTiger

Tiger Legend
Nov 7, 2004
Watched the GF twice on Xmas day with SEN and MMM radio coverage. Heard Cornes at one stage in the second half refer to Danger as the best player in the game....

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

DS
Did he do it before? Or is it learned behaviour from Geelong?

glenn downing

Tiger Cub
Jun 2, 2014
I cannot recall Dangerfield ever having played a great game against Richmond, even when he was playing for Adelaide. In each of the RFC victories against Geelong in the 2017 QF, the 2019 PF and the 2020 GF, he simply went missing big time in the 2nd half, just when Geelong desperately needed him to make a big contribution Dusty style.

For me, the RFC beating Geelong is the ultimate satisfaction, even more so than beating Collingwood. I note that from 1980 to 2017 (prior to the QF), the RFC played Geelong 52 times and we lost 42 times. I think that the average losing margin was about 10 goals. For those of us who lived through these years of the RFC being Geelong's "bunny", it was pure hell.

Since we broke through in the 2017 QF to break the Geelong hoodoo, we have beaten them 6 out of 7 times. We now have the psychological advantage over Geelong and they know it.

Reactions: 6 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
I cannot recall Dangerfield ever having played a great game against Richmond, even when he was playing for Adelaide. In each of the RFC victories against Geelong in the 2017 QF, the 2019 PF and the 2020 GF, he simply went missing big time in the 2nd half, just when Geelong desperately needed him to make a big contribution Dusty style.

For me, the RFC beating Geelong is the ultimate satisfaction, even more so than beating Collingwood. I note that from 1980 to 2017 (prior to the QF), the RFC played Geelong 52 times and we lost 42 times. I think that the average losing margin was about 10 goals. For those of us who lived through these years of the RFC being Geelong's "bunny", it was pure hell.

Since we broke through in the 2017 QF to break the Geelong hoodoo, we have beaten them 6 out of 7 times. We now have the psychological advantage over Geelong and they know it.

Feel the same way (about the Geel Coll comparison)
Beating them on the way to ‘17 and ‘19 was enormous
Beating them this year in the GF was sensational
As I sit back now and bask in it all - I agree that beating Geelong far surpasses beating Collingwood
But having them eff up the way they did in 2018 means the 4 years in total have been almost perfection

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
I thinks it's the team mindset. There's too many of them at Geelong to be a coincidence.
This, have a look at the 2nd half of the '19 Prelim, it's a clear trend with them. In that game every time the ball went out Cats players all had the arms out looking for a free, our boys just setup for the stoppage. it's no coincidence we got the game on our terms & they had no answer, mentally they were already beaten.

Reactions: 3 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011

The 1 time they got us was mid '19 when we had a VFL side on the park through injury. I'll never forget leaving that game among some Cats fans, they were carrying on like they'd won the flag.

Reactions: 1 users

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
This, have a look at the 2nd half of the '19 Prelim, it's a clear trend with them. In that game every time the ball went out Cats players all had the arms out looking for a free, our boys just setup for the stoppage. it's no coincidence we got the game on our terms & they had no answer, mentally they were already beaten.

If the Geelong players on the ground look up and see their coach on the big screen - he’s always doing the whole “arms out“ thing too
So it’s cultural

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Dangerfraud

Reactions: 1 user

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Watched the GF twice on Xmas day with SEN and MMM radio coverage. Heard Cornes at one stage in the second half refer to Danger as the best player in the game....

I heard that too, unbelievable. How could you say that while watching Dusty get his third Norm Smith and turn the game? Just clueless.

Did he do it before? Or is it learned behaviour from Geelong?

I looked up his stats and it is hard to tell, slightly more frees while at Geelong, averaging over 2 a game whereas under 2 at Adelaide, but also giving away more from what I remember of looking at the stats. I'd have to say he isn't getting enough reward for his efforts really :p

DS

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida

Beating Geelong in each of our Premiership runs is at least as satisfying as winning the premierships. I watched the '19 PF a couple of days ago again. Geelong have some really good players and beating them is still the yardstick for mine.

Reactions: 1 users