Paddy Dangerdive | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Paddy Dangerdive

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Beating Geelong in each of our Premiership runs is at least as satisfying as winning the premierships. I watched the '19 PF a couple of days ago again. Geelong have some really good players and beating them is still the yardstick for mine.
They do but for whatever reason they can't get it together for the big games. Are some of them perhaps overrated? Perhaps they are just "good" players but not "great" players as the media make them out to be.

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
I always wonder if Clangerfield would have made a difference to crows chances in the 17 GF.
Think we can safely say No.

Reactions: 3 users

No left foot

Tiger Rookie
Aug 30, 2020
I always wonder if Clangerfield would have made a difference to crows chances in the 17 GF.
Think we can safely say No.
If he'd run on the ground during the third quarter wearing nothing but a scarf... then maybe.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users

No left foot

Tiger Rookie
Aug 30, 2020
The more i watch the GF the worse his diving is.
It's habitual. The split second he realises he is out of position and won't win the contest he reacts by going to ground and flinging his arms out. M.Lloyd spent his whole career doing the same thing.

Reactions: 1 user

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
When the going gets tough, the weak look around for help.

When we play Geelong, we make the going get tough... so their players look around for help.

Comes from the top.

Reactions: 4 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
It amazes me how many of the Geelong crew are looking to the umpire when the ball is still in play.
This is a big factor in them losing big games, watch our guys at a stoppage, they head str8 to thier position to set up the play, thier players are looking at the umps with the arms out. Same with tackles, our guys try to break them, thier try to draw high free kicks.

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
This is a big factor in them losing big games, watch our guys at a stoppage, they head str8 to thier position to set up the play, thier players are looking at the umps with the arms out. Same with tackles, our guys try to break them, thier try to draw high free kicks.

This is why we shouldn’t worry about our negative free kick ratio.

Other clubs train to win free kicks, play to win free kicks, and lay in bed at night dreaming about winning Grand Finals from free kicks.

Not us.

In attempting to gain an underhanded advantage, the feline kind lick themselves in the foot when faced with a focused tiger on the hunt.

Reactions: 5 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
It amazes me how many of the Geelong crew are looking to the umpire when the ball is still in play.

remember the 3Q?
Bolton takes that mark on the boundary.
Geelong whinge and screamed to the umpire it was touched.
Bolton chips it to Lambert.
Geelong players still keep whining.
Lambert goals.
Geelong still whinging to the umpire the ball was touched.

if they just played the game that kick to Lambert wouldn’t have happened.

you can’t do that in a grand final. Just really poor play.
But I guess it’s in there DNA

Reactions: 13 users

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011

remember the 3Q?
Lambert goals.

But I guess it’s in there DNA
Bang on! Look at thier Captain FFS! he's been lauded as a champion & being one of the toughest players to play the game yet he's been a stager his whole career.

Reactions: 4 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

remember the 3Q?
Lambert goals.

But I guess it’s in their DNA

Do they seriously think the umpire is going to change their decision? Doesn't happen. Fine to make the claim and make your point, but that takes 5 seconds and then back into it. Umpires' decisions don't get reversed, it is something outside the players' control and your time and effort needs to go towards that which you can control.

DS

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
its a good point. playing the umpire and not their opponents .. what an unprofessional mistake .. stupid even ..
fits with Saltys faux outrage in the box .. arms outstretched and gob open ..

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
Do they seriously think the umpire is going to change their decision? Doesn't happen. Fine to make the claim and make your point, but that takes 5 seconds and then back into it. Umpires' decisions don't get reversed, it is something outside the players' control and your time and effort needs to go towards that which you can control.

DS

Spot on. Balta was trying to argue his case after a free at one point. One of the senior players just grabbed him and straight away he was off running back to position.

Reactions: 6 users

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Always liked Jackson Browne. Such vision to write a song for Paddy ;)

Out into the cool of the evening
Strolls the Pretender
He knows that all his hopes and dreams
Begin and end there

Are you there?
Say a prayer for the Pretender
Who started out so young and strong
Only to surrender

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Spot on. Balta was trying to argue his case after a free at one point. One of the senior players just grabbed him and straight away he was off running back to position.
Contrast that with the Geelong player who continued to claim Shai’s mark was touched, even after Shai had taken his kick and the player who marked it was lining up for goal.

Tiger Superstar
Feb 28, 2008
Contrast that with the Geelong player who continued to claim Shai’s mark was touched, even after Shai had taken his kick and the player who marked it was lining up for goal.
Menegola.
And Hodgey on Ch7 commentary called him out on it.