Paddy Dangerdive | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Paddy Dangerdive

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Even when he went into the midfield he was useless.
The only times i noticed him was the miskick that lead to baker kicking it to Riewodlt and the mistackle on dusty.
Besides that all i saw from him was diving forward at every opportunity to get a free kick.
He isnt as good as the media make him out to be.
Im pretty sure even Geelong supporters realise that now.
They were all complaining that in the 3rd Diverfield played forward and they needed him in the midfield. Very little commentary that he actually went into the midfield for the final quarter which they lost by 25 points. If Diver was as good as he and the media thinks he is then he would have wrestled control from the opposition like Dusty did in the last 10 mins of the 2nd quarter and then into the 3rd, but he didn't even let out a peep.

He's a fraud as a top line player. Frauderfield.

Reactions: 9 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Hope it's telling that this is in the Clangerfield thread and not the general Cats thread.....
It would be a bit rich if it was him complaining since he was the first player to break ranks during the guard of honour for Ablett, to make sure he got his face in all the media........
then again , it would make sense, it’s all about him

Reactions: 1 user

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
They were all complaining that in the 3rd Diverfield played forward and they needed him in the midfield. Very little commentary that he actually went into the midfield for the final quarter which they lost by 25 points. If Diver was as good as he and the media thinks he is then he would have wrestled control from the opposition like Dusty did in the last 10 mins of the 2nd quarter and then into the 3rd, but he didn't even let out a peep.

I watched the game back again a couple of days ago and I was staggered.........well, no I wasn't........kind of..........just how many contests he feigned for a free kick, easily 95% of contests. How can he be considered a champion? Rance was embarrassing at times and a bad actor. Jack does love a stage at times. Grimma, doesn't mind a crack every now and then, and used to be just as good as the Mallard at ducking, but Gonemissingafield is amazing!

Reactions: 3 users

momentai

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2004
Melb
They are born to lose.
They had a bloke capable of kicking cricket scores for 10 years and they couldn't win one.
Now they rely on a bloke that feeds off the shiit sides. The media pump him up for him to either get suspended or just play crap.
Did Selwood mentioned to the group he couldn't break into a jog after half time?
Did Rohan mention that he never plays well in finals?
Did Henderson and Stanley mention they are 2 of the most ordinary players in the comp.
Did Touvey mention that he is a shocking one on one defender?
Back it in. No one recovers after losing to us in a GF. They will struggle to make the 8, won't make top 4.
The only reason they will play finals is because of the wins they will get playing down at shittpark.
Older much older this season than last. And they all know that they were not good enough to hang on to substantial half time leads in finals against us in 19 and 20.
We are an infinitely better team, while their star recruit who hardly got a touch last season, has injured himself already.

At the time was hoping we would trade for Collingwood’s first rounder but getting Geelong’s is a gift that will play havoc.

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Bit of a whisper that things aren’t all that great amongst sections of the Cats playing group.

Fair bit of friction between some senior players after a review of the grand final loss.

Story is that one senior player voiced a strong opinion about the selection of Gary Ablett in the team, and got taken to task by a couple of others.
Sure it wasn’t the other Gary they had the *smile* about?

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

He was in the middle alot more then the media are putting out.
He was involved in plays that contributed to us scoring.
The media pick and choose what they see.
He was helping us in the last qtr

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Im pretty sure the heat from his own supporters will come this year.
They reckon he was suffering a groin injury.
Not sure if your ever had a groin injury, its nearly impossible to jump and your speed is cut in half.
Dangerfield didn't show any signs leading up to the GF and he defiantly didn't have a groin injury against Collingwood.
I reckon Geelong are lying to the potatoe head supporters

Reactions: 1 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Im pretty sure the heat from his own supporters will come this year.
They reckon he was suffering a groin injury.
Not sure if your ever had a groin injury, its nearly impossible to jump and your speed is cut in half.
Dangerfield didn't show any signs leading up to the GF and he defiantly didn't have a groin injury against Collingwood.
I reckon Geelong are lying to the potatoe head supporters
Juddsters last season at Wet Coke he tried to play with dodgy groins n was a shadow of his usual ability ( more liability each week than champion ) all year long. More than likely the only problem with the Clench's groin was that he had his hand on it all year long.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
They are born to lose.
They had a bloke capable of kicking cricket scores for 10 years and they couldn't win one.
Now they rely on a bloke that feeds off the shiit sides. The media pump him up for him to either get suspended or just play crap.
Did Selwood mentioned to the group he couldn't break into a jog after half time?
Did Rohan mention that he never plays well in finals?
Did Henderson and Stanley mention they are 2 of the most ordinary players in the comp.
Did Touvey mention that he is a shocking one on one defender?
Back it in. No one recovers after losing to us in a GF. They will struggle to make the 8, won't make top 4.
The only reason they will play finals is because of the wins they will get playing down at shittpark.
Could be on to something, Stagerfield & Cameron injured atm, they have not really had to deal with that much in recent yrs, also recruited 2 30+ players in Higgins & smith as well....

scottyturnerscurse

Tiger Legend
Apr 29, 2006
Very sad to hear about Paddy Dangerfield.

Nothing's happened to him, I'm just very sad to hear about him.

• Haha
Reactions: 9 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
I reckon there would also be a bit of discontent between the young players who missed out on playing finals this year and the older players they bought in. There is only so much you can bring to the table as a young recruit thinking your turn will come, only to see the club bring in 3 geriatrics that take the place of those retirees.

Edit - I forgot, there are no young players coming through at the fattery. :)

Good observation. Scott is lauded as a genius coach, but he hasn’t shown the ability to understand people like Dimma does. Young players who feel ready to compete are always going to disappointed to wait, but under Dimma, there’s a clear system that makes sure they don’t feel like their value is slipping away. The club believes in them to carry the club forward.

Geelong’s solution to add talent shows they’re still attributing their finals losses to a lack of talent. This type of thinking, followed by the desperate act of adding 3 older players to an old team, could be an early sign that Geelong, like Adelaide and GWS before them, have been infected by the Richmond Grand Final curse.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
Good observation. Scott is lauded as a genius coach, but he hasn’t shown the ability to understand people like Dimma does. Young players who feel ready to compete are always going to disappointed to wait, but under Dimma, there’s a clear system that makes sure they don’t feel like their value is slipping away. The club believes in them to carry the club forward.

Geelong’s solution to add talent shows they’re still attributing their finals losses to a lack of talent. This type of thinking, followed by the desperate act of adding 3 older players to an old team, could be an early sign that Geelong, like Adelaide and GWS before them, have been infected by the Richmond Grand Final curse.
I can only imagine the thoughts of young players who play those positions the older recruits play. no wonder the younger blokes want out. It also shows they don't understand where they are at or what thier issue is, in recent yrs talent has never been thier issue, the issue is they have too many passengers in big games or when the heat is on. Cameron is a decent player but i have never seen him tear a Final apart, they seem to think they are getting the '19 version of him but if you look at his #'s that yr was a "career year".

Reactions: 2 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I can only imagine the thoughts of young players who play those positions the older recruits play. no wonder the younger blokes want out. It also shows they don't understand where they are at or what thier issue is, in recent yrs talent has never been thier issue, the issue is they have too many passengers in big games or when the heat is on. Cameron is a decent player but i have never seen him tear a Final apart, they seem to think they are getting the '19 version of him but if you look at his #'s that yr was a "career year".
They have 2 quality kids
The half back flanker was there best player the year before, just before he injured his elbow and then he couldnt get game last year.
And there is mid that gets the ball a 1000 times who cant get a game.

• Haha

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Bit of a whisper that things aren’t all that great amongst sections of the Cats playing group.

Fair bit of friction between some senior players after a review of the grand final loss.

Story is that one senior player voiced a strong opinion about the selection of Gary Ablett in the team, and got taken to task by a couple of others.
Please let it be Jeremy Cameron who said that.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
They have 2 quality kids
The half back flanker was there best player the year before, just before he injured his elbow and then he couldnt get game last year.
And there is mid that gets the ball a 1000 times who cant get a game.
Clark & Constable

Quickdraw

End of the drought
Jun 8, 2013
Was just reading this in a pre GF article in the New Daily. My edits added

Patrick Dangerfield (Geelong). Rivals Martin for the label of best player in the competition :vomitbut yet to play in a grand final at any level.
A ferocious ball-hunter front runner but also a dominant force when stationed in attack against weak opposition.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/sport/afl/2020/10/24/afl-grand-final-geelong-richmond/

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Was just reading this in a pre GF article in the New Daily. My edits added

Patrick Dangerfield (Geelong). Rivals Martin for the label of best player in the competition :vomitbut yet to play in a grand final at any level.
A ferocious ball-hunter front runner but also a dominant force when stationed in attack against weak opposition.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/sport/afl/2020/10/24/afl-grand-final-geelong-richmond/

Rewrite that article today, he isn't on the class as Martin.
Dangerfield should just quiten down because every one saw what he is like.
Very average

Reactions: 1 users