Paddy Dangerdive | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Paddy Dangerdive

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Agree, Frick.

I've slowed down the TV slow mo further to get a good look at it (not quite frame by frame but slow enough to see it very clearly.

Hits away the ball and his arm/elbow slightly drops, then raises it again into Vlas. Two actions.

My main beef now is that it wasn't even looked at. AFL - "nothing to see here".
It was as deliberate as you like.

Said it on the night stand by it now.

An errant unflexed forearm wont knock you out like that, but Sniperfield braces then raises the elbow in to Tiggas face.

Deliberate act for mine.

Reactions: 7 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
I also like how the Tigers have a player unconscious on the ground but nigh on all the talk and concern is for Gary and his shoulder.

Reactions: 9 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
so before Saints V Dees, they showed footage of Dangerfield playing in the VFL today?

Im totally confused?

a suspended player cant play anywhere can they?

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
so before Saints V Dees, they showed footage of Dangerfield playing in the VFL today?

Im totally confused?

a suspended player cant play anywhere can they?
You would have thought, but it was a VFL practice game, so probably why.

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user

Eddie from Elwood

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 23, 2015
Agree, Frick.

I've slowed down the TV slow mo further to get a good look at it (not quite frame by frame but slow enough to see it very clearly.

Hits away the ball and his arm/elbow slightly drops, then raises it again into Vlas. Two actions.

My main beef now is that it wasn't even looked at. AFL - "nothing to see here".
“Bracing for contact” seems to be Gonemissingafield’s go to defence!

Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
You would have thought, but it was a VFL practice game, so probably why.
Moggies got it on a special fudge through for the Clench of course.
AFL players carrying a suspension are usually allowed to play pre season practice matches ( they can also get suspended for incidents during practice matches. But that is usually still within the senior level of footy and the official " season " hasn't already started.

Seems ridiculous that players are permitted to drop to a lesser league to get some match practice while serving a suspension that has been incurred during an already active season.

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
Isnt CCJs suspension only afl, i thought he and stack were allowed to play VFL?

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
We have CCJ playing in practice matches
Firstly, Cujo's suspension is a carry over from last year, players have been permitted to still play pre season practice matches for ages.

Secondly, Dangerclench had already started this official playing season when he got suspended. Should not then have been permitted to drop down to a lower grade of competition and join their later pre season games to enable him to maintain match practice and fitness while suspended after offending in the main comp.

Reactions: 1 users

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
So what happens if he cleans up some 18 yr old kid in a AFL practice game while suspended.

Will he plead to serve the 2 sentences concurrently?

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Zac Williams played for the Blues last week in a praccy match apparently its allowed.
Williams hadn't already started his AFL season. Got suspended from playing an AFL game during his pre season practice match n then played another pre season practice match.
Clench got suspended during an official AFl game so his " season " was already started. Shouldn't then be allowed to drop back to a lower grade comp to maintain his match touch n fitness.
It's a technicality but the fudge shouldn't have been allowed.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Bumped so that his performance doesn't get lost in the finals thread.

Dangerfield gets 15 possessions, and is named in the Feral Hun newspaper as one of the Cats best. There's no chance of them writing about him as being serial chocker in finals.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

TigerMasochist

Jul 13, 2003
Bumped so that his performance doesn't get lost in the finals thread.

Dangerfield gets 15 possessions, and is named in the Feral Hun newspaper as one of the Cats best. There's no chance of them writing about him as being serial chocker in finals.
50% disposal efficiency says it all. Clench is a butcher, shoulda been a shin boner.

Reactions: 1 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
50 pages for an opposition player? That must be some PRE record by quite a margin. People would think we're obsessed with him