Paddy Naish - where is he at? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Paddy Naish - where is he at?

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Not surprised seemed to be a very good VFL player.

Naish seemed to be a very popular and fun guy within the playing group. Perhaps he might be a good fit if he stays in our VFL program.

Reactions: 1 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
"Hello Darkness my old friend"

Hope he gets a shot somewhere else, convinced he can make it.

Reactions: 2 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yep, he gave it a shot and did better than all of us ever could have. Good luck Naishy.

Reactions: 3 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I agree with Scoop. I think Naish can play AFL. I just don't think he fits our style.

Hope the young fella gets another crack at it. Part of me feels he's been dealt a bad hand.

Good luck Naishy.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
"Hello Darkness my old friend"

Hope he gets a shot somewhere else, convinced he can make it.
VFL appears his level, perhaps the dolphins?

Not sure how you can be convinced he can make it given the opportunity he has had. Elite training facilities and partners for 5 years.

Reactions: 1 user

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
I agree with Scoop. I think Naish can play AFL. I just don't think he fits our style.

Hope the young fella gets another crack at it. Part of me feels he's been dealt a bad hand.

Good luck Naishy.
A bad hand to be training with the tigers for 5 years?

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne

Good luck Naishy.
He is too slow for an outside runner.

Reactions: 5 users

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
A bad hand to be training with the tigers for 5 years?
Yeah, could possibly have ended up at a club that better matched his talents and got 30-40 games under his belt by now.

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
I am not convinced he can make it and not surprised he has been delisted.

If he goes to another club then good on him and hope he does make a go of it. Sometimes a change of club can be the spark to get a player up to the level required.

DS

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
He may be able to forge a career elsewhere. He’s one of those unfortunate players who is very good at VFL level, but can’t make the jump to AFL.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Was predictable. I’d go to the SANFL or WAFL if I were him and try and make a name for himself there and hope for a second chance.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Good luck Pat. Got to live the dream we all have of playing for Richmond. Go well young man

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
When's the good Naish of draft age?

I found an article dated October 2017 and Charlie Naish was 12 then.

To be eligible to be drafted I think you need to turn 18 by 31st December of your draft year.

I don't know his birthdate but if it is in Nov or Dec he would be eligible for the draft in 2022 or could be 2023?.

With 2020 being a junior footy wipe out and 2021 not much better I can't find any footy update on him later than 2019 which mentioned he was in an under 14 rep side so have no idea if he has come on.

Maybe Charlie hasn't come on so there in no longer the need to hang on to Patrick to ensure we get the GOOD brother ;)

Last edited:

tigermike

Tiger Superstar
Apr 6, 2014
Was predictable. I’d go to the SANFL or WAFL if I were him and try and make a name for himself there and hope for a second chance.
Yep State level is his level. Some are just good at that level but not the next level, due to certain deficiencies in skills or speed or endurance or hardness in the contest. Everyone reaches their level of competence in sport or education or work. Hope he is studying or working on a parallel career so he can play State footy for fun rather than his sole profession. Seems like a good young man.

< AFWL | Sheeds >