Paddy Naish - where is he at? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Paddy Naish - where is he at?

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Used to love watching chris naish swooping on a loose ball and slotting it through. Remember the 95 final against essendon when he snapped to put us in front and the commentators call - "they're in front robbo they're in front". Don't think we've had a more clinical small forward since.

Looking forward to pat making his debut. We can do with a long accurate kick on a wing.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Harry said:
Used to love watching chris naish swooping on a loose ball and slotting it through. Remember the 95 final against essendon when he snapped to put us in front and the commentators call - "they're in front robbo they're in front". Don't think we've had a more clinical small forward since.

Looking forward to pat making his debut. We can do with a long accurate kick on a wing.

I think it was Bwuce making the call. Wasn't Naishy's goal a snap? (could be wrong)

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Chris Naish was an excellent kick for goal, especially on the run or snapping. I was at Kardinia Park the day in 96 when he hit the post (?) on the siren, a goal would have won it for us and broken that hoodoo a decade early.

Mark Merenda really announced himself that day, from memory.

tigerboz

Tiger Cub
Oct 24, 2006
I was there at Kardinia Park that day from Tassie, couldn't believe how much our own heckled Richo that day, it was ordinary !! Then left extremely disappointed when Naish shot missed.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
spook said:
Chris Naish was an excellent kick for goal, especially on the run or snapping. I was at Kardinia Park the day in 96 when he hit the post (?) on the siren, a goal would have won it for us and broken that hoodoo a decade early.

I was there too ;(

Tigermad2005

Tiger Legend
Aug 18, 2004
Ballarat
What more can the kid do?
I love the fact that we have kids getting 20 plus in the two.
Never happened with for a number of years with our drafting.

ryan

Tiger Rookie
Jul 30, 2005
Ellis and KMac playing well on both wings is keeping him out. Wing is Naish best position.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
No rush on naish i reckon. He is devloping beautifully. Let him bulk up more. 2020 he will burst onto the scene.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Has bulked up nicely and is a good size now. Kicking skills are elite. Personally would play him ahead of ellis as he has much more upside but will trust the club with his development

clown

Tiger Superstar
Mar 16, 2004
TigerFlag2017 said:
No rush on naish i reckon. He is devloping beautifully. Let him bulk up more. 2020 he will burst onto the scene.
yep agreed

BrisTiger24

Out: Chimp In: Camel
Oct 16, 2003
Brisbane
Harry said:
Has bulked up nicely and is a good size now. Kicking skills are elite. Personally would play him ahead of ellis as he has much more upside but will trust the club with his development

I can't see Bellis sticking around next year. Will probably go to Norf who will pay him $700K for 5 years.

Naish will find a spot easier to come by then.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
31 possessions in the vfl and in the best few on the day, again.

Lynch can't wait for naishy to deliver some footy to him in the firsts.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
After the crap theyve been dishing up to Tommy gthis season i bet he cant wait.

Can Naishy play ruck if he can hes in ........... ;D

kyuss

Tiger Superstar
May 13, 2012
spook said:

Yeah I was there that day. I think that could have been the last time i went to gardenia park.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
It's time to give this kid a game.
Menadue is yet to establish himself after 38 games over 5 years but some are calling for him to get yet another opportunity.
Surely Patrick deserves one after excellent form this season in the VFL.

E

easy_tiger

Tigers of Old said:
It's time to give this kid a game.
Menadue is yet to establish himself after 38 games over 5 years but some are calling for him to get yet another opportunity.
Surely Patrick deserves one after excellent form this season in the VFL.

Yeah its time.

Give him a wing for 70% of the night and hopefully he finds himself on a Guthrie

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Tigers of Old said:
Clip of his work here. Reckon Lynch would appreciate that silky slipper.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/video/2019-06-01/vfl-r9-naish-with-two-goals-and-25-disposals
First goal is exactly what I'm talking about. Waiting out the fat side, 10 metres wider than anyone else. You really think he's going to get that largesse at AFL level? (By the way, he only got that opportunity because Menadue outmarked a ruckman, ran around him, had two bounces while dodging three more bad guys, and found Turner for the cross.)

Second highlight: marks a poor Norf kick, lovely goal.

3: widest man again, receives a handball, has two bounces, handballs even wider to Rioli, follows up, wins a loose ball and hits a lovely centering kick to Silvestro.

4: They didn't show the tackle that won him the free - the bloke fell over and Naish was one of two who didn't have to do much more than hold him. Good kick.

5: Wide again, receives handball, cuts back in incisively, burns the jets and a beautiful kick inside 50. His best play of the day.

6: Wide again, receives handball in D50, hits Graham in 50 metres of space with a 40m kick. Garthwaite can do that.

7: Gets a block from CJ and takes an uncontested mark.

8: Receives handball in space at half-back, lovely weighted 45m kick for Ballard to run onto at CHF.

9: Norf defender shanks a kick straight to him, he slightly over hits the kick to Miller but it's a walk-in goal.

Some nice moments showcasing his class, but nothing compared to what Menadue did against Freo. Nothing contested. Nothing defensive. They didn't show him kick into the man on the mark in D50, stroll after the loose ball, get pushed over like he was a child, and watch Garner kick the goal. They didn't show his half-hearted chases (remember Menadue chasing that Freo bloke for 40 metres and nailing him to seal the game? I don't think Naish has ever done anything like that.)

I'm not bagging him. I'm just presenting evidence as to why he's not ready. If we want to drop an extra bloke I'll be as keen as anyone to see how he goes, but no way does he play in front of Menadue. He's behind him.

< AFWL | Sheeds >