Paddy Naish - where is he at? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Paddy Naish - where is he at?

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Couldn't find a recent thread on young Paddy.

Just by natural development I was hoping to see him get consideration for games at some stage this season.

Any feedback on his pre-season and progress - or whatever?

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Tenacious said:
Couldn't find a recent thread on young Paddy.

Just by natural development I was hoping to see him get consideration for games at some stage this season.

Any feedback on his pre-season and progress - or whatever?

He was very good in the VFL Practice game last weekend

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
He is our equivalent of Dacios and Brown at Collingwood. Good enough for poor team, but not a team fighting for a flag.
Can’t see him bring a regular just yet

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
At training he is looking a good prospect, will be ready to make a senior impact in 12 months

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
TigerFlag2017 said:
At training he is looking a good prospect, will be ready to make a senior impact in 12 months

Any games this year you reckon?

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
zippadeee said:
He is our equivalent of Dacios and Brown at Collingwood. Good enough for poor team, but not a team fighting for a flag.
Can’t see him bring a regular just yet
They weren’t AA u18 ranked best 22 in the country , not by a long shot . Naish was was a prodigious junior talent , is 12m into his career , has added some bulk , started racking it up at vfl late last year , would” like to see him pick up where he left off

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Tenacious said:
Any games this year you reckon?
My guess is as good as yours. I note that he was emergency a few times last year. Not best 22 but may get a few opportunities during the year as a result of injuries and his own comtinued improvement.

He is definitely silk, just needs to add bulk.

VFL is going to be mouth watering this year.

Ghost of 29

Handball - its just a fad!!
Aug 16, 2008
Be patient with Pat. His development is coming from a low base but is showing constant improvement. 2020 onwards

ahyeahnah

Tiger Superstar
Aug 14, 2016
He's going to need a big 2019.

There's a lot of competition for those wing/HB/HF spots and there are plenty of guys that would be staking a claim ahead of him.

From what I saw last year, he has a lot of potential but that means nothing unless it's realised.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
ahyeahnah said:

There's a lot of competition for those wing/HB/HF spots and there are plenty of guys that would be staking a claim ahead of him.

From what I saw last year, he has a lot of potential but that means nothing unless it's realised.

Naish is only in his 2nd year for f#@% sake players who have been on the list a lot longer than that are yet to unseat the incumbents.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
ahyeahnah said:

Agree. Is no lock for a successful career. Is not super tall and very light (2nd lightest in our team I believe). Tracking OK but a lot of improvement still needed. I'd say he still has the next couple of years to prove himself.

Rfc4Ever

Tiger Legend
Oct 5, 2007
caesar said:
Naish is only in his 2nd year for f*smile* sake players who have been on the list a lot longer than that are yet to unseat the incumbents.

Agreed. Has plenty of time on his side.

DjJazzyPete

Tiger Matchwinner
Sep 8, 2014
Nata , Botswana
craig said:
Just waiting for Grigg to retire so he can finally get to pull on the #6 guernsey ;)
Could be soon , heard from a mate in the game in Melbourne that Griggs injury might me career ending . ( anyone know more re this ?)

BillyJean17

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2009
melbourne
DjJazzyPete said:
Could be soon , heard from a mate in the game in Melbourne that Griggs injury might me career ending . ( anyone know more re this ?)
My initial thoughts are *smile* seeing as he hasnt even had a reco , could be cartridge which can generally be managed before a premature retirement

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
LOL He's only had 1 year in the system and people already saying he needs to have a big year this year! [shakehead]

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
blx said:
LOL He's only had 1 year in the system and people already saying he needs to have a big year this year! [shakehead]
Agree

He is a very lightly built player and needs time. Looked really good at a vfl level later in the year.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
tigerlove said:
Agree. Is no lock for a successful career. Is not super tall and very light (2nd lightest in our team I believe). Tracking OK but a lot of improvement still needed. I'd say he still has the next couple of years to prove himself.

No such thing as a lock - we know that from previous draft picks.

I'd still love to think he got a few games this season as part of the progression.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Tenacious said:
No such thing as a lock - we know that from previous draft picks.

I'd still love to think he got a few games this season as part of the progression.

Disagree. Plenty of youngsters are clear locks after their first season. Others it becomes clear they still have a lot of work to do. Naish may indeed get an opportunity this year if he consistenty excels at VFL level but I suspect he needs another year to build his body strength.

< AFWL | Sheeds >