Pathetic Crowd | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pathetic Crowd

realtiger

Tiger Rookie
Jun 28, 2007
Great Tiger crowd and amazing atmosphere! Saying that 100k members and where the bloody hell are you? 3 flags in 4 years and we have injuries so you stay home ! Pathetic, support the boys !! Eat em alive Tiges!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Crowds are down across all games, this is more than just COVID or the fact we played at Chernobyl tonight.

While the AFL are pulling themselves over the rule changes and the media cheer squad congratulate them on being such an impressive bunch of wankers, the crowd numbers tell a story.

When was the last time a Richmond home game in Melbourne was under 20k?

The lowest crowd this year so far has been 5k. And that was at a home ground not a game in Cairns, or Tassie, or Darwin or Alice, it was at GWS's home Sydney Showgrounds. Terrible crowds so far this year. ANZAC Day was ok, but our crowds are well down.

They desperately need to fix the ticketing and do something about the way the game is at the moment, for a start they can roll back some of the silly rule changes, stop bulls***ting us about COVID restrictions which have nothing to do with keeping the crowds apart and allow for general admission without pre-booking.

These idiots will kill the game if left to their own devices.

DS

Reactions: 8 users

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
It appears The AFL have used ticketing changes to create an artificial demand shortage and jack prices up. Typically with the size of our grounds demand < supply so you can walk up and get the GA price. Not sure if this is happening or not ... or maybe buried in the options (I’m AFL member and we have been treated pretty well)

maybe $5/month Kayo for Telstra folks having an impact too?

Reactions: 2 users

eddazol

Tiger Superstar
Sep 22, 2014
People have now found the convenience of staying home and watching the football at home to tempting.
No jacked up prices for food and drink.
No hassle of getting tickets.
Last night a number of the train lines in the east were disrupted due to maintenance and were running buses.
Still it was great to be part of the 18k tiger fans and 50 gws fans.
Was back to watching the tigers in the early 90s with this crowd. Although we won this game.

Reactions: 3 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
they were pretty *smile* loud when dusty kicked goals but?

loved Dimma calling it Shitsville, population 19,000

hes had a good week Dimma.

hes essentially called Gil a pissweak *smile*, and his stadium a heap of crap,

then got as creative as all bejesus and coached one of the great dynastical victories :banana

while he was on a roll, when he he said he hates coming to Marvel, he should have added,

but at least it kept that *smile* stick Hocking away

• Love
Reactions: 9 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Cant blame anyone from avoiding crowds, public transport due to Covid.

Reactions: 1 user

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion
They desperately need to fix the ticketing
There's no need for ticketing. Crowds are down, 85% capacity, but they're not socially distancing the tickets allocated anyway with some sections completely empty and others mostly full. It makes no sense, especially when you need to use a QR code for contact tracing anyway.

Also, there's no excuse for scheduling us at Shitihad. The AFL owns the ground now, so the previous requirements for games played there are void. It's a dumb commercial decision to play us there and the AFL should be called out for its financial ineptitude on this, let alone as a fairness issue with the draw.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Only takes a couple from last nights crowd to test +
Then everyone that attended game has to get tested and isolate till they get their results I’d say that’s also a reason why many aren’t going to games

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I actually like going to Marvel. It's easier for me to get to, there's better food, a lot of the viewing positions are better and critically, this year we play it better than the 'G.

It doesn't have the atmosphere of the 'G.

Birdman19

Plodder
Apr 16, 2009
I was there but I have a massive beef with Ticketmaster. I sent my nephew's ticket to him via email. He was able to open then link but no qr code on his Apple iPhone even with the Ticketmaster app.. These electronic tickets are a pain in the butt. Give us back membership cards. The worst part is that there is no place to ring to complain. Fortunately for him my sister cancelled and sent me her ticket so he got in on her qcode. This seriously has to be sorted. I shall await a response to my terse email. My take on the low attendance is that those that didn't show up had iPhones.

• Wow

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
I was there but I have a massive beef with Ticketmaster. I sent my nephew's ticket to him via email. He was able to open then link but no qr code on his Apple iPhone even with the Ticketmaster app.. These electronic tickets are a pain in the butt. Give us back membership cards. The worst part is that there is no place to ring to complain. Fortunately for him my sister cancelled and sent me her ticket so he got in on her qcode. This seriously has to be sorted. I shall await a response to my terse email. My take on the low attendance is that those that didn't show up had iPhones.
Take a screenshot of ticket QR code then send via sms No stuffing around with links

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

I hate them too BMan,

but developed a reliable lowish tech system that worked all last year.

bring the ticket up on your computer at home, and take photos of all your q-code's with your phone,

then on entry, just scan the photo

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
I have said it elsewhere that If I didn’t watch the tigers I probably wouldn’t watch footy much at all. The game is unwatchable at times with the rule changes and the way holding the ball and throwing is interpreted.
To me the game is in a sort of crisis and whilst it’s not the sole reason people are staying away to me it is part of it.

Reactions: 10 users

Stig

Tiger Superstar
Mar 2, 2020
What’s the real problem here ?
We have a least played 3-4 games a year for the last 20 years ( one being a home game due to contractual arrangements with the AFL .
People carrying on about going there is complete rubbish . Wind back the clock 5 years with the Maddy game against the Saints .50k there that night .
might add very ordinary crowd at GF rematch the previous week . The excuse of Friday Night game is lame as well . Got 89k at each final we played against the Cats in 2017 and 2019
Maybe the game as a spectacle may be the issue ? Give you all a tip . Take off your Richmond Cap and go and watch a neutral game live , it’s extremely interesting to note where the game is at . Got zero to do with venue etc
More about how the game is played and presented !!!!

Reactions: 1 users

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
Our lowest home crowd since Freo in 2004, a spoon year.

Haven’t been since the St.Kilda game where I sat in the nosebleeds and found the experience of attending to be generally underwhelming. You get a better (albeit different) view on TV. The club has my membership $$ and I want to do my two cents to punish the AFL for its manipulation of the game. Average score of 76 this week… all hail Steven Hocking.

Am I weak for not going? Possibly.

Last edited: