Phantom Draft 19 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Phantom Draft 19

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
pick #41 Richmond - Brock Smith
Gippsland Power/Vic Country | Defender
13/03/2001 | 189cm | 82kg

As reliable and competitive as they come, Smith is a defender who can play both offensive and defensive roles, and almost always achieve the team requirement of him by the end of the game. Rarely having a game where he does not in some part contribute, Smith will attack contests without fear for his own safety, and also provide rebound out of the back half. He ticks a lot of boxes across the board.
His flexibility to play against taller or smaller opponents is a bonus. His one-on-one strength helps him take on the stronger players, while his competitive nature helps him challenge those with greater athletic traits. His rebounding and intercept marking, as well as his penetrating kick are other features of his game, and he is a player who will be loved by teammates, but bemoaned by opposition players.

toothless

Tiger Champion
Aug 16, 2009
Pick 43 Carlton selects Jack Mahony
12/11/2001 | 178cm/72kg | Midfielder/Forward SANDRINGHAM DRAGONS/VIC METRO One of the smartest players going around, the small midfelder/ forward ticks a lot of boxes and was highly touted as an Under 16s talent. Mahony’s top strength comes from his vision and execution by foot, not overdoing it with a penetrating kick, but he can hit-up a target in traffc across his body with ease. He just buzzes around the ground and wins the ball, playing a team-frst approach to his football.

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
With our next Pick Sydney Selects Cooper Sharman from Oakleigh Chargers
192cm, 79kg

Next Up Adelaide Crows @Brodders17

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
West Coast lost their Willie, and now they have little Cox

West Coast - Rhai-Arn Cox

As a small forward, Cox boasts excellent goal sense and the ability to take strong contested marks – similar to how West Coast star Liam Ryan plays.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

Sammy Cougar

Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
North Melbourne Select
Daniel Mott
Calder Cannons Midfielder
83cm | 80kg

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
#48. Brisbane Lions - Nick Bryan
Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro | Ruck
22/10/2001 | 202cm | 87kg

This is the player i have had my eye on for the Brisbane Lions since we started the mock draft and i am over the moon for Nick to still be available at the pick so late. Few things that i really like about Bryan is his speed and athletic ability for such a big kid that has just turned 18 so is a bottom age for this year and still would have growth in him.

Stephan Martin 34 years , Tom Fullerton (rookie) , Archie Smith (dud) , Oscar McInerney on the list i can see 2 not being there in 2 years time and with where the Lions are at in their development they are in need of a decent young developing ruckman.

He had a good finals series, particularly in the last couple of games which gave recruiters another glimpse at the highly athletic ruck. While he is far from the finished product, it is hard to imagine he will be overlooked based on his sub three-second 20m sprint and his size at 202cm makes him a valuable commodity. While he might not have the consistency of some of the other talls higher on the list, he has plenty of upside and a club could certainly find a need for Bryan should they be on the lookout for another ruck.

Extremely happy with this selection
@Brodders17

Sammy Cougar

Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Pick 50 North Select Fraser Phillips
Gippsland Power
187cm | 82kg

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
51. St Kilda: Darcy Cassar (VIC)
Height, Weight:
183cm/75kg
Profile: Midfielder with the versatility to play forward or back. Cassar does his best work on the outside and possesses good skills.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
#52 - Brisbane Lions - Ben Sokol
24 year old 186cm 86kgs - Subiaco

A goalkicking medium forward, Ben Sokol won the Simpson Medal for best on ground in the WAFL Grand Final. Sokol was the WAFL’s leading goalkicker, kicking 60 goals from 20 games while also taking a competition high 166 marks. A hard-leading forward, Sokol demonstrates a high work rate, has a strong body and has developed a reputation for having the strongest hands overhead outside the AFL .

@Tigerdog

Last edited:

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
#55 - Brisbane Lions - Dyson Hilder
North Adelaide/South Australia | Key Defender
31/03/2001 | 196cm | 91kg

Had to look through the players selected to see if i had missed this kid.

There are not too many readymade key defenders in this AFL Draft, which makes Hilder a unique prospect for clubs. If an AFL club is contending and needs a key position player who is more prepared to tackle senior footy earlier in his career, then Hilder looms as a value mid-draft option. Hilder has experienced all three levels of SANFL football this year, with eight games at Reserves level his predominant grade. He was as reliable as they came for South Australia at the national carnival, and is a nullifying defender who can take an opposition forward out of the game, averaging almost five marks from 12.5 disposals per game at the championships.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
#56. Richmond - Emerson Jeka
Western Jets/Vic Metro | Key Forward/Defender
18/09/2001 | 198cm | 90kg

Well this is our future KPD to replace David Astbury in 3 years time

On upside, Jeka is a lot higher, but it is just piecing all of his traits together for some consistency. He is an elite contested mark, is virtually an eight-second flat agility test and near three seconds 20m sprint candidate. This athleticism is something rare in players of his size, but the inconsistencies of the past few years, as well as finding his best position – between forward and back – means he is still a raw prospect who has to develop. Given his traits, if he can be put to work and learn off a more aggressive mentor at an AFL club, then he will add more to his game. He has the physicality to really worry opposition defenders when leading out, it is just showing it on a more consistent basis. His best is winning a game off his own boot, but it just happens in seldom, so the best is yet to come from the Western Jets tall.

The best defenders are fowards that just didnt make it at senior level , Emerson has all the physical attributes and can read the ball , We will re program him to become the AFL defender that meets our needs .

Richmond is done and have taken the 4 picks and will pass on the remaining selections

@toothless - Carltons selection #57 next

Scoop 2nd page needs updating bad mate