Phantom Draft 19 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Phantom Draft 19

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
What Pick are we up too or is it now Open picks for the rest of the draft

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Gold Coast pick 90.

Matt Hammelmann, 197cm key forward, for Lions player, NEAFL team of the 2019, still only 23 years old. A Queenslander so he’s already “home”.

Sammy Cougar

Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Pick 76 Sydney Swans Select Home Town Born
Jacob Townsend from RIchmond FC

Tiger Ghost

Tiger Superstar
Nov 19, 2010
Your mums house
Fremantle Pick 79 Angus Baker 191cm 87kgs

Was part of Swans Academy but suffered a fractured ankle and then an ACL

Now 21 and after an elite season in the NEAFL he gets another shot at his AFL dream

Dev Tiger

Tiger Superstar
Mar 15, 2014
Pick 76 St Kilda Jordan Foote
184cm 81kg Midfielder

Ex Sydney player who won the Woodville West Torrens best and fariest in 2019.

Tiger Ghost

Tiger Superstar
Nov 19, 2010
Your mums house
Fremantle Draft Summary

Pick 7 Dylan Stevens 183cm 70kg Mid
Ready to go due to his running and ball winning abilities. Played senior footy for Norwood in the SANFL this year.
Will probably start on the wing but as proven at the Champs he can go inside where he racked up 33 touches and 9 clearances.

Plays like Gaff/Whitfield

Pick 9 Matched bid Liam Henry 179cm 67kg Forward/Mid
Local boy with xfactor, pace and skills
Will start in a forward pocket but in time should be able to play short burts in the middle.

Plays like his new team mate Michael Walters

Pick 22 Elijah Taylor 188cm 77kg Forward
Another local boy with unbelievable xfactor, smart footballer with elite skills
Knows where the big sticks are but needs to work on his consistency
A bit more of a project type but should get a chance as a half forward

Could be a D.Rioli type forward

Pick 58 Jackson Ramsay 184cm 83kg Mid

The former Magpie averaged over 30 touches, 5 Marks, 6 Clearances and 6 Score Involvements a game for East Perth this year and gets another shot at

Pick 69 Ben Kelly 203cm 100kg Ruck
Huge unit for a 19 year old but ran a 3.05 sec 20m and a running vertical leap of 88cm.
Played only 1 game for the Allies this year and racked up 18 touches 2 Tackles and an impressive 57 hitouts.
Could possibly pinch hit as a 2nd ruck in his first season but seen more as a project type.

Pick 79 Angus Baker 191cm 87kg Defender
Once a member of the Swans academy until struck down by injury
Averaged 30 touches which included 10 intercept touchs a game in the NEAFL
Won the leagues Rising Star, Canberra's B&F and finished 2nd in the leagues MVP

Pick 83 Chad Pearson 193cm 90kg Defender
Has the ability to play on some of the bigger forwards but is best suited to playing 3rd tall
Uses the ball very well and can set things up from half back nicely.

Fremantle overall pretty happy with the picks.
Went young and talent based with our early picks and got the 3 players we wanted.
After that we have looked to mature age recruits from 19-24 to add solid bodies and cool heads to compliment our young list.
We expect 4-5 players recruited to make some sort of impact at senior level in 2020

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
We should get Bullus back to do an evaluation of each teams selections and rating them like he did last year.

Not sure does he still post or log in ?

Sammy Cougar

Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Pick 81 Sydney Select Jack Bell From Sandringham Dragons
200cm / 73kg
Lean ruckman/tall forward who is still developing physically but can impact the game going forward with his leading and marking. He has excellent endurance and with clean hands below his knees

Sammy Cougar

Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Pick 84 North Melbourne select Callum Searle from Port Melbourne
The versatile 187cm rebounding backman averaged 17 disposals at 71 per cent efficiency, 4.5 marks and five rebound-50s per game in 2019

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
I think Richmond made a huge mistake with the way they took their selection and not because of who they selected but the way they went about it.
Personally if i was in charge of Richmond i would have bid on Mead and made port accountable for being cocky enough to trade back 2 spots and give pick #20 to carlton.

This would have forced Port to use pick #22 on mead and if they passed i would have easily been happy with Mead at #21 and dont believe there is much difference in Dow/Mead quality