Phantom Draft 2016 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Phantom Draft 2016

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
#9 Gold Coast select
JACK SCRIMSHAW -4/9/98

194cm 80kgs

Not really sure on what role Jack will play for the Gold Coast but i i know is that he is best available at #9 with way too much talent to pass by and at 194cm being a bottom age player the potential for him to grow another 2-3 cm is still a distinct possibility. Currently seen to be a Utility/Midfielder with good kicking and reads the play beautifully

Hoping this selection might become our BONT pick

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
turk-d-tiger said:
I think you may have outsmarted yourself there spook my dear friend, Taranto was never on our radar and we rated will brodie & jack bowes as the 2 best inside mids in the draft and toranto would have been an option at our #10 but only if another tall we want was not available. But i suppose you got the player carlton wanted but i cant understand why you wouldnt have bid on Will Setterfield ??

#8 Gold caste place a bid on Will Setterfield
I considered bidding on Setterfield but asked myself if I would be happy with him if it went unmatched. Although I rate him highly, I rate Taranto higher.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
turk-d-tiger said:
#9 Gold Coast select
JACK SCRIMSHAW -4/9/98

194cm 80kgs

Not really sure on what role Jack will play for the Gold Coast but i i know is that he is best available at #9 with way too much talent to pass by and at 194cm being a bottom age player the potential for him to grow another 2-3 cm is still a distinct possibility. Currently seen to be a Utility/Midfielder with good kicking and reads the play beautifully

Hoping this selection might become our BONT pick

Don't Sydney have pick 9??

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Tigers of Old said:
Don't Sydney have pick 9??
They did, but GWS matching for Setterfield pushes it back one. GWS now no longer has pick 15 and one of their later picks gets shuffled back as well. Bullus will be all over it, I'm sure.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
spook said:
They did, but GWS matching for Setterfield pushes it back one. GWS now no longer has pick 15 and one of their later picks gets shuffled back as well. Bullus will be all over it, I'm sure.

Cool. Thanks for the clarification spooker. It used to be so simple.. :-[

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
spook said:
I considered bidding on Setterfield but asked myself if I would be happy with him if it went unmatched. Although I rate him highly, I rate Taranto higher.
Thats fair enough i suppose , But given the 2 players i would have taken Setterfield over Toranto for Carlton i think

Reason i asked that question is were you trying to do what SOS would have done and not bid on any GWS players due to not putting them off side as they may not allow you to take out their garbage next year :cutelaugh

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
turk-d-tiger said:
Thats fair enough i suppose , But given the 2 players i would have taken Setterfield over Toranto for Carlton i think

Reason i asked that question is were you trying to do what SOS would have done and not bid on any GWS players due to not putting them off side as they may not allow you to take out their garbage next year :cutelaugh

They have to make sure that Visy will continue to support them somehow!!

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
turk-d-tiger said:

If I were Silvagni and didn't have any dodgy dealings going on with GWS (yeah, right), I would bid on Setterfield confident GWS would match. However, I wasn't sure Sammy would, and I wanted Taranto. As I said, I rate him higher.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Thats Fair enough, Im probably Bias as i think that Setterfield has so much more upside and would have been a better fit for Carlton but Toranto is a good prospect but a slight reach - Then again i would have said the same about Cripps as well

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
turk-d-tiger said:
Poor Kid !! Toranto has no chance of making it now

Dreaded #6 Curse
:hihi

It's all projecting about what these kids might become. I really like Setterfield and I would have him ahead of Brodie, for example. But Taranto is just a bit special, IMO.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
spook said:
:hihi

It's all projecting about what these kids might become. I really like Setterfield and I would have him ahead of Brodie, for example. But Taranto is just a bit special, IMO.

You are not Francis Jackson by any chance are you Spook ?

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
Sammy C said:
Bid Matched With Pick 8 GWS Select Will Setterfield

Team: Sandringham Dragons
Height: 190
Weight: 79
DOB: 5/2/98

Will is a contested midfielder who can go forward and become a dangerous threat He is creative around the stoppages and uses the ball well

We Couldnt Let Will slip through to another Club will add to our beaming Midfield

Welcome Will to The Land Of The Giants

Pick 15 moves up to pick 8, pick 37 moves down to pick 47.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
turk-d-tiger said:
You are not Francis Jackson by any chance are you Spook ?
No, but looking at your post history for something to back up your condescension I see you are the guy who watched a minute of Dave Gourdis footage and declared him better than Jay Schulz.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
spook said:
No, but looking at your post history for something to back up your condescension I see you are the guy who watched a minute of Dave Gourdis footage and declared him better than Jay Schulz.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

LOL yes i did , He was a great Athlete that had the potential to become anything but as you would be aware specially with our recent issue's and dealings with players with depression and mental issue's had the better of him and never found the form his physical attributes would have allowed him.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
bullus_hit said:
Pick 15 moves up to pick 8, pick 37 moves down to pick 47.

would be interested to know what the formula is or how its calculated Bullus

#8 = 1485 points
#15 = 1200 points

difference is 285 points

#37 = 732 points
#47 = 616 points

Difference is 116 points

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Pick 8 1551 points
Pick 15 1112 points

Difference 439 points

Pick 37 483 points

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Sammy C said:
Pick 8 1551 points
Pick 15 1112 points

Difference 439 points

Pick 37 483 points

hmmm looks like this site may have things wrong then

https://footballguys.com/pickvalue.htm

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-20/indicative-2016-afl-draft-order

Pick 8 - 1551
Pick 15 - 1112

But clubs get a 20% discount when matching, so GWS needs 1240.8 points to match at pick 8. They use pick 15, but I'm not sure how they work out where the extra 128 points come from. Their next pick is 37, which is worth 483. If they subtract the 128 from that pick, that makes it 355 and means it slides from 37 to 44 (picks 38-44 move up one).

I think.