Phantom Draft 2016 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Phantom Draft 2016

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
spook said:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-10-20/indicative-2016-afl-draft-order

Pick 8 - 1551
Pick 15 - 1112

But clubs get a 20% discount when matching, so GWS needs 1240.8 points to match at pick 8. They use pick 15, but I'm not sure how they work out where the extra 128 points come from. Their next pick is 37, which is worth 483. If they subtract the 128 from that pick, that makes it 355 and means it slides from 37 to 44 (picks 38-44 move up one).

I think.

Thats how I understand it. Not sure if its Pick 44 or 45 as the points left over are in between. I'd assume they round down so probably should be pick 45.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
mrposhman said:
Thats how I understand it. Not sure if its Pick 44 or 45 as the points left over are in between. I'd assume they round down so probably should be pick 45.
That's what I thought but then I remembered they no longer have 37, hence every pick moving up one (44 is the new 45).

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
mrposhman said:

yes, it's 45, have adjusted.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
spook said:
That's what I thought but then I remembered they no longer have 37, hence every pick moving up one (44 is the new 45).

I guess it depends on how they determine when the new pick goes in. I assume all picks would increase and then the new pick would go in, so the new pick wouldn't move forward. I don't think the AFL have really shown how this works but I suspect it should be this way.

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Just to get things moving along and not effecting sydney swans selection

Gold Coast suns would like to select with #11 - Harry Perryman ( Collingullie-GP/GWS Academy/NSW-ACT)

Conditional to GWS matching

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
With Pick 11 we have matched Gold Coast Bid
we Welcome Harry Perryman to GWS

Team: Collingullie
Height: 184
Weight: 75
DOB: 19/12/98

Harry is a defender with the ability to play in the midfield and forward line . We look forward for Harry to take over from Heath Shaw in the next few years

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Pick 10 Sydney - Jarrod Berry - Nth Ballarat Rebels

The Sydney table had all their toes and fingers crossed that Scrimshaw would fall to them.

Alas Gold Coast snare him with one of their many picks and Sydney must look elsewhere now.

Tim English on potential is definately considered but Sydney is comfortable with their big man stocks. Phantoms are predicting the key defender from the West, however, he is not our thinking

Rather Sydney go with a very Sydney pick. A top 3 prospect at the start of the year Berry had an inconsistent year following some injury issues but the talent is significant and leadership the best available. Along with Mills and Heeney is their next generation midfield locked away.

Sydney ranked Berry higher than both Brodie and Taranto so pleased to get him after just missing Scrimshaw.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
GC select Todd Marshall with pick 12.

Team: Murray Bushrangers
Height: 198
Weight: 87
DOB: 8/10/98

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
Pick #12 - Gold Coast Suns - Todd Marshall

Considered to be the best KPF in the draft and huge wraps on this kid both athletically as well as character, GWS struggled extremely hard to keep him as an academy selection and thankfully the AFL ruled it not to be the case.

At 198cm & 87 kgs for a kid that has just turned 18 less than a month ago the upside to him is huge,He is extremely nimble and has great agility and good speed as well as what i consider to be the most important requirement and thats Football nous

Looking at some of the footage of Todd and the way he moves , kicks & Presents as well as his never give up traits reminds me so much of a 17 year old Jack Riewoldt and even some of his mannerisms are similar ( worth having a look)

With Gold Coast having Lynch,Wright and Day as KPF and Day playing alot more in defence of recent times i hust thought that they were 1 Short in the Foward line and Marshall adds that Quality Depth for the KPF stocks.

Extremely happy with this selection - See you in a few days boys lol

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
bullus_hit said:
GC select Todd Marshall with pick 12.

Thatnks mate just posted and seen this after i posted it appreciate it

FistFullOfDollars

Tiger Rookie
Dec 16, 2009
Pick 13 - North Melbourne - Oliver Florent

One of my favourite kids in the draft and a likely pick for North on the day. Oli offers North some much needed pace and skill. Although he is slight, Oli has shown some glimpses of talent playing inside and at stoppages. I can see him starting his career running off half back while being given develop his body before eventually becoming a complete midfielder.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
WCE are in a great position here. Still many good prospects on the board.

The two players we strongly considered were English and Pepper-Powell.

However with a shaky backline, we select the following player -

WCE - Pick 14:

Name: Griffin Logue
Position: Key defender
DOB: 12-04-1998
Height: 194cm
Weight: 92kg

Ready made key defender, who has also had success as a big bodied midfielder at Under-18 level.

Strengths
•Versatility
•Endurance
•Agile for his size
•One on ones

Weaknesses
•Not a big ball winner

Overall

Logue has catapulted into top-20 contention on the back of an impressive back half of the season.

Playing mostly as a key defender, he has played senior football for Swan Districts in the WAFL this season, with his powerful body ready to compete with the bigger bodies of the AFL.

He is also good at ground level and can be thrown into the midfield as an onballer, while also occasionally pinch hitting in the ruck.

If he plays through the middle of the ground, he will have no trouble keeping up with the smaller mids, with Logue recording a beep test of 15.1, finishing equal first at the AFL Draft Combine and finishing in the top five in the 3km time trial.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
In the context of trade week this is a massive pick for Brisbane. They gave up McCluggage for another hit in the first round so they really need to ensure that their two for one deal hits a homer. They would have loved the big Griffen here given they ranked him at 8 but that wasn't to be, fortunately for the Lions there's still a player remaining who they have ranked at 12.

Welcome aboard pick 17. Sam Powell-Pepper.

Sam is a raging bull, he has a nice combination of speed, agility & endurance and has a natural propensity to take the game on. Many have questioned his kicking which isn't perfect but it certainly isn't as bad as advertised. The fact he scored a perfect score in the goal kicking test indicates a player who has been unfairly maligned. Together with Ainsworth these two will bring some aggression & ferocity to a limp forward line. In a few years expect both to be patrolling the centre square and creating havoc at stoppages.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Western Bulldogs

Jordan Gallucci

Midfielder, Ht 183cm, Wt 75kg
Eastern Ranges/Vic Metro

Genuinely pacy midfielder, good kick & with strong leadership qualities.

Had an amazing combine. 89cm vertical leap(record) & topped the repeat sprints.

We think he'll slot right into our Bulldogs lineup and see plenty of upside.

FistFullOfDollars

Tiger Rookie
Dec 16, 2009
Tigers of Old said:
Western Bulldogs

Jordan Gallucci

Midfielder, Ht 183cm, Wt 75kg
Eastern Ranges/Vic Metro

Genuinely pacy midfielder, good kick & with strong leadership qualities.

Had an amazing combine. 89cm vertical leap(record) & topped the repeat sprints.

We think he'll slot right into our Bulldogs lineup and see plenty of upside.

Galucci is capable of a good kick but not a reliable one...
In saying that, I think he's a great option for our pick 27.