Phantom Draft 2016 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Phantom Draft 2016

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
bullus_hit said:
I'll give Sydney a few more hours.

Whilst i have your attention Bullus :cutelaugh

With Carltons bid on Bowes at #5 (1878 points) - 20% =1502
Gold Coast Matching with my #6 (1751 points) that leaves GC in credit of 250 points

shouldnt Gold coast #72 go upto around #50 ?

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
turk-d-tiger said:
Whilst i have your attention Bullus :cutelaugh

With Carltons bid on Bowes at #5 (1878 points) - 20% =1502
Gold Coast Matching with my #6 (1751 points) that leaves GC in credit of 250 points

shouldnt Gold coast #72 go upto around #50 ?

Picks don't go up, just down. They effectively forfeit those points.

TOT70

I'm just a suburban boy
Jul 27, 2004
Melbourne
bullus_hit said:
Picks don't go up, just down. They effectively forfeit those points.

Let's hope that in the real thing, Essendon and Carlton bid the living bamboleos out of the Academy kids. Freo too.

Given their early picks, these clubs need to take a couple of hits for the team. If they miss out on a player that they want, then bad luck for them and their punk asses.

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
Unless Sydney do, Essendon bid on Brad Scheer at pick 20.

Will gold Coast match?

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
SCOOP said:

Will gold Coast match?

For sure, Gold coast suns select Brad Scheer
With the 20% Discount & The abundance of selections next year gold coast will be extremely happy to match this bid

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
TOT70 said:
Let's hope that in the real thing, Essendon and Carlton bid the living bamboleos out of the Academy kids. Freo too.

Given their early picks, these clubs need to take a couple of hits for the team. If they miss out on a player that they want, then bad luck for them and their punk asses.

It gets even more farcical after the first round, the discount is a flat 197 points.

SCOOP said:

Will gold Coast match?

This is where the Bowes surplus points come into play. They will get 250 points + 197 + 19 (pick 72) = 366 points. Pick 21 is 878 points, deficit will be 512 points.

turk-d-tiger

Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
bullus_hit said:
It gets even more farcical after the first round, the discount is a flat 197 points.

This is where the Bowes surplus points come into play. They will get 250 points + 197 + 19 (pick 72) = 366 points. Pick 21 is 878 points, deficit will be 522 points.

This is exactly why i was asking and probably ignited essendon to bid but who cares as i wont have GC next year :cutelaugh

Effectively GC suns get Scheer for their 2017 3rd rounder - which is a Bargain

Lets hope this 197 points discount works for Richmond in 2017 with Naish/Lambert

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
turk-d-tiger said:
This is exactly why i was asking and probably ignited essendon to bid but who cares as i wont have GC next year :cutelaugh

Effectively GC suns get Scheer for their 2017 3rd rounder - which is a Bargain

Lets hope this 197 points discount works for Richmond in 2017 with Naish/Lambert

Crazy cheap. We will also benefit with the Naish deal, that's why it was imperative to trade next year's second rounder for this year's. It's about the only redeeming feature of the Prestia trade.

King Kong

Tiger Legend
Aug 26, 2016
Ok,
Sydney is surprised at who is left on the board and has requested a 5min extension to consider their pick.

....back in a few mins

The recruiting team is torn between 2 players. Rotham is considered very seriously but in the end Kinnear Beatson has the the final say and they pick:

Shai Bolton - Sth Fremantle

Lighting fast wingman, half-forward from the West with some real tricks. Dominated parts of the All-Stars game in Grand-Final week and has the potential to be a real cult hero given the exciting way he plays the game.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
bullus_hit said:
This is where the Bowes surplus points come into play. They will get 250 points + 197 + 19 (pick 72) = 366 points. Pick 21 is 878 points, deficit will be 512 points.

Bully, I don't believe thats right. Its not a fixed 20% in the 1st round, its a maximum 20% therefore the surplus points are completely lost, they cannot use them on another academy selection. I think they will only get the 197 and the 19 points so therefore 216 points and they will take a deficit through to next year of 662 points which will come off their 2nd rounder next year. If they finish 16th again, their 2nd will drop to Pick 55 in 2017.

Still a good deal for them, essentially trade a 2nd and 4th for Sheer and a 3rd.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
mrposhman said:
Bully, I don't believe thats right. Its not a fixed 20% in the 1st round, its a maximum 20% therefore the surplus points are completely lost, they cannot use them on another academy selection. I think they will only get the 197 and the 19 points so therefore 216 points and they will take a deficit through to next year of 662 points which will come off their 2nd rounder next year. If they finish 16th again, their 2nd will drop to Pick 55 in 2017.

Still a good deal for them, essentially trade a 2nd and 4th for Sheer and a 3rd.

I've just checked and that would appear to be the case. Very confusing though.

easy said:
what about having Dion?

I'm happy to have Dion but we paid a very high price. If he didn't have such an extensive injury history I would be much more positive, but ultimately we traded a potential 200 gamer for a player who is likely to deliver half that number.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006
At 23 Brisbane grab another lightening quick player in Josh Rotham. At Colts level Rotham has dominated averaging 23 touches a match, this form has also translated to senior football both in the WAFL reserves & playing for the AIS in the VFL. Whilst Josh needs to work on his tank he's a superb athlete who has a phenomenal leap, something which was put on display at the u/18 carnival. Whilst Josh lacks a bit of core body strength, his style of play is probably best suited to a rebounding role or as a tall wingman, Grant Birchall is the player who immediately comes to mind. With a beep test coming in at 12.9, the Lions hierarchy is confident they can put Rotham on a similar program to Rhys Mathieson who had similar issues with his aerobic capacity, therefore playing in 2017 is not beyond the realms of possibility.

Pick 23. Josh Rotham

Pick 24. Bid on Harrison Macreadie

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
We are having a think at GWS on the bid for Harrison Macreadie back shortly with an answer

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
bullus_hit said:
At 23 Brisbane grab another lightening quick player in Josh Rotham. At Colts level Rotham has dominated averaging 23 touches a match, this form has also translated to senior football both in the WAFL reserves & playing for the AIS in the VFL. Whilst Josh needs to work on his tank he's a superb athlete who has a phenomenal leap, something which was put on display at the u/18 carnival. Whilst Josh lacks a bit of core body strength, his style of play is probably best suited to a rebounding role or as a tall wingman, Grant Birchall is the player who immediately comes to mind. With a beep test coming in at 12.9, the Lions hierarchy is confident they can put Rotham on a similar program to Rhys Mathieson who had similar issues with his aerobic capacity, therefore playing in 2017 is not beyond the realms of possibility.

Pick 23. Josh Rotham

Pick 24. Bid on Harrison Macreadie

I thought about Rotham but thought the Bombers already had Francis.

Do you think that's Rotham best outcome? Or is Francis a better pack mark?