Phantom draft | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Phantom draft

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Geelongs picks #32 + #33 + #34 for the saints pick #9 could be a win for both teams with the saints looking for 2nd rounders
probably getting 3 players in the 2nd round before bids come in for academy boys (see what i did there ;) )

saints wont trade 2022 pick in the 1st round apparently they are saving it for B.King lol )

Was more thinking 2nd round in 2022 would be up for grabs, for a couple of picks between 30 and 50.

I think the Saints will do something like this in the real thing, there was an article on the AFL website that says they think the Saints will take 5 picks in the ND which their current picks won't allow them to do so they need to bring some draft capital from next year, or be really creative with Pick 9.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Split the first rounder, you may well get some takers.

I'll put it on the table. I don't expect the Saints to do that in the real thing though. Can see them swapping their 2nd next year for a couple of picks 35-50 this year

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006
I'll put it on the table. I don't expect the Saints to do that in the real thing though. Can see them swapping their 2nd next year for a couple of picks 35-50 this year
I have some twenties picks that are up for sale.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Sammy Cougar

Goodness Gracious me The Tigers have got Another
Staff member
Mar 6, 2004
Freo will keep 6 & 8
but 19, 61, 69, 84 are on the table when we kick off The Phantom draft

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
What is your price for pick 9?

I'd be keen for 2-3 picks in the 2nd - 3rd round but hoping for the 1st to be between 17 and 23 really. I have some options that could work, so would be keen to look at options with Melbourne, North and Brisbane firstly. If they fall through, then something with Richmond is possible.

Richmond could work, but hoping to get my 1st before any Owens bid, hence want it as close to 20 as possible.

The plan is to take a late 1st / early 2nd, then the 2 academy picks and potentially have some picks left over late for some sliders.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I will also allow live trading once teams have been assigned, those wanting a crack at Horne-Francis will need to speak to Smokey.
Good luck trying to get pick 1.
It will have to be a very compelling offer.