Pick 12 discussion. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 12 discussion.

Jezza81

Tiger Matchwinner
Aug 9, 2008
Re: Looks like Pick 10

Not a bad result for finishing seventh!

Thanks Adelaide and Essendon

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD

GWS will have a compo pick somewhere. A Melb priority pick would be end of first round?

Mr Magic

The Centre of Perfection
Dec 7, 2006

It's actually pick 11 GWS have pick 9 also) and that is only if the fat controller dosent give the tankers another *smile* pick

ToraToraTora

Mar 21, 2005
QLD

Mr Magic said:
It's actually pick 11 GWS have pick 9 also) and that is only if the fat controller dosent give the tankers another pick

Your mates at Boof Footy have GWS at #10. At any rate it looks like there'll be a truckload of classy mids there if we want one.

Mr Magic

The Centre of Perfection
Dec 7, 2006

They know almost as much about footy as you do then.....also not on Boof footy it's someone else

ToraToraTora

Mar 21, 2005
QLD

Mr Magic said:
They know almost as much about footy as you do then.....also not on Boof footy it's someone else

Wow amazing you should head over and check that guy out cos he's your mental doppleganger.

Mr Magic

The Centre of Perfection
Dec 7, 2006

Gee aren't you a *smile*. Had a fight with your boyfriend and now in a bad mood?

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

Trade pick 10 and Edwards to Melbourne for pick 2 and get Tom Boyd.

bullus_hit

Whatchu talkin about Jack?
Apr 3, 2006

DirtyDogTiger said:
Pick. 10 - who do we draft?

After today I'm firming on Christian Salem, has a touch of the Chad Wingards about him and is a lovely user of the pill. Still early days though, if Billings was available he'd also be in contention. A top ten pick certainly does change the landscape a little, I'm a little less inclined to use it to secure Adams, which probably means we won't be in the ballpark unfortunately.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

bullus_hit said:
After today I'm firming on Christian Salem, has a touch of the Chad Wingards about him and is a lovely user of the pill. Still early days though, if Billings was available he'd also be in contention. A top ten pick certainly does change the landscape a little, I'm a little less inclined to use it to secure Adams, which probably means we won't be in the ballpark unfortunately.
I can't see us holding onto pick 10. I think we will put it on the trade table.

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006

Smoking Aces said:
I can't see us holding onto pick 10. I think we will put it on the trade table.

If we put it on the table then it has to be Adams, a ready-made inside mid with excellent pedigree. It will be interesting times, I'd also love to sneak Garlett in with a second rounder, I just wonder whether Frank has the balls to take on a potential headcase.

Just on a side-note, Chris Cain from Port Melbourne is being sniffed out by the Dockers, no surprises really.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

bullus_hit said:
If we put it on the table then it has to be Adams, a ready-made inside mid with excellent pedigree. It will be interesting times, I'd also love to sneak Garlett in with a second rounder, I just wonder whether Frank has the balls to take on a potential headcase.

Just on a side-note, Chris Cain from Port Melbourne is being sniffed out by the Dockers, no surprises really.
The rumours have been pretty strong about our link to Adams. Would you give up pick 10 for him? How strong is this draft?

Shock horror - Fremantle picking the eyes out of the state league!

bullus_hit

Apr 3, 2006

Smoking Aces said:
The rumours have been pretty strong about our link to Adams. Would you give up pick 10 for him? How strong is this draft?

Shock horror - Fremantle picking the eyes out of the state league!

It's a line ball decision, I reckon Jack Billings is on the cusp of our pick and he would be a nice fit, but we'd be taking a big gamble if we pinned our hopes on this eventuality.

At the moment I'm more in the Adams camp - just , mainly due to the fact there are no buyer beware clauses attached. In the case of Salem, my main reservation would be his lack of exposed form against the strong competition. At the carnival, he produced his best against second division teams, something which puts a bit of doubt in the mind - the whole Tambling saga still lingers to a degree.

Other likely picks such as Lennon, Freeman and Dunstan also come with a fair degree of risk, the former being a flanker type, and the other two being shaky kicks. I reckon Frank would be more inclined to play it safe if it's a mid on the mind, that means Adams wins out in the end. If we had a top 5 pick, then different story, Josh Kelly or James Aish would be called out in a flash.

Gus

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 18, 2005

Mr Magic said:
It's actually pick 11 GWS have pick 9 also) and that is only if the fat controller dosent give the tankers another pick

Yep, pick 11. Could change during the FA period

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

bullus_hit said:
It's a line ball decision, I reckon Jack Billings is on the cusp of our pick and he would be a nice fit, but we'd be taking a big gamble if we pinned our hopes on this eventuality.

At the moment I'm more in the Adams camp - just , mainly due to the fact there are no buyer beware clauses attached. In the case of Salem, my main reservation would be his lack of exposed form against the strong competition. At the carnival, he produced his best against second division teams, something which puts a bit of doubt in the mind - the whole Tambling saga still lingers to a degree.

Other likely picks such as Lennon, Freeman and Dunstan also come with a fair degree of risk, the former being a flanker type, and the other two being shaky kicks. I reckon Frank would be more inclined to play it safe if it's a mid on the mind, that means Adams wins out in the end. If we had a top 5 pick, then different story, Josh Kelly or James Aish would be called out in a flash.
Cheers BH.
I wonder if GWS will accept our first pick on its own for Adams.

Stylo

Tiger Champion
Oct 13, 2012

mtench said:
throw in a player and swap second round picks?

Hmm... Foley+11+31 for Adams+20?

Probably too many picks for GWS' liking