Pick 12 discussion. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 12 discussion.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
You are right in regards to speedy smalls, I think we got them last year. Menadue, Drummond and Castagna. I especially have high hopes for Butler as the missing link in our forward line. Great turn of pace and acceleration and a self confessed tackling machine.

With that in mind maybe we'll look to add a bigger body mid which is why the talk of an Oliver or a Dunkley or even a Burton makes sense.

God I'd love Oliver to get to us.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
Most of the draft experts predictions have us taking Ah Chee.

Seeing that previous predictions have been on the money, anything to read into this?

Also, when would our recruiting team know which draftees have been invited to the draft? Would give an indication as to who would be available at our pick?

turk-d-tiger

Welcome to Richmond Football Club - Daniel Rioli
Dec 1, 2007
melbourne
There are people who seem to think Dunkley is more a 40-50 pick

Could you imagine if we ended with
#12 Ah Chee
#47 Dunkley

K3

Tiger Legend
Oct 9, 2006
For me I reckon I would shed some tears of joy if Milera somehow fell to 12!

And we actually read his name out.

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
K3 said:
For me I reckon I would shed some tears of joy if Milera somehow fell to 12!

And we actually read his name out.

And shed tears of sorrow if he falls to us and we don't read it out :(

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
T-Shirt Tommy said:
Also, when would our recruiting team know which draftees have been invited to the draft? Would give an indication as to who would be available at our pick?
Considering there's expected to be three or four academy picks taken early by the interstate clubs. Would they be rated among the ten or so who get invited to the draft? If a rival club bids an early pick for one of these kids n the interstate clubs cobble together the pick value of three or four mid range selections to purchase these kids less 20% discount, it'll seem a strange kind of way for them to be presented as a top ten selection.
Thinking this year that once the academy kids are snaffled plus the regulation early picks, the choices beyond the first dozen are going to be fairly wide open for needs rather than best available as there won't be that much difference in talent.

Stylo

Tiger Champion
Oct 13, 2012
TigerMasochist said:
Considering there's expected to be three or four academy picks taken early by the interstate clubs. Would they be rated among the ten or so who get invited to the draft? If a rival club bids an early pick for one of these kids n the interstate clubs cobble together the pick value of three or four mid range selections to purchase these kids less 20% discount, it'll seem a strange kind of way for them to be presented as a top ten selection.
Thinking this year that once the academy kids are snaffled plus the regulation early picks, the choices beyond the first dozen are going to be fairly wide open for needs rather than best available as there won't be that much difference in talent.

I was wondering the same thing. Maybe they'll invite 15 odd this year?

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
tigertim said:
Mackay, Oliver, Ah Chee, Mathieson.....any others?
Not sure if he's likely to be still around, but surely we'd look seriously at Collins if he was available. Then there's the likes of Gresham, Rioli,Tucker and Bonner.

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Kaelan said:
Whi is Harley Balic ?
187 cm 80kgs , whom has played from half back to mid to forward line, , also a very good basketballer whom like most basketball players is good in trafic, has a good tank and most likely lots of improvement with more footy, , draft range anywhere 12-25 .

Peaka

Tiger Rookie
Feb 14, 2005
Just reading on how academy picks and father sons bidding works and think it is flawed. If the benefitting Cubs can use any combination of picks to meet the bid point total I am not sure why any club can't do the same when they bid on a player. For example I don't understand why Richmond couldn't bid a point value of say pick 3 for Mills and make it up with a combination of 12 and later picks if successful. I know this is not how it works but would make it harder for clubs to fort if it was done this way.