Pick 12 discussion. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 12 discussion.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
crackertiger said:
Pick 12 will be Dunkley
I wouldn't be shocked, it's also been said he'd love to get to the Tiges, however I would have thought the club wouldn't have had to give up 12 to get him with the F/s bidding, I'd imagine a pick around 19 would have locked him in.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
so i am assuming here the preference at #12 seems to be Oliver/Ah Chee depending on if Oliver is there or not, Gresham/Mathieson/Burton next as the other choices.

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
shad said:
Yep. I can run that and I'm 50 and smoke.

Its under 5min Kms, i know its regarded as slow for TAC and elite sports people, but for most other people its still reasonably quick...

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
Tigertough1974 said:
Its under 5min Kms, i know its regarded as slow for TAC and elite sports people, but for most other people its still reasonably quick...

Not really. Anybody who runs a bit should be able to do that. It's only 3k.

blx

Tiger Champion
Feb 11, 2004
Melbourne
Jonesracing82 said:
so i am assuming here the preference at #12 seems to be Oliver/Ah Chee depending on if Oliver is there or not, Gresham/Mathieson/Burton next as the other choices.

I'd be happy with Gresham or Oliver with a leaning towards Gresham. Adds a different element to our makeup. Oliver is too Martinesque not that that is a bad thing just would prefer another midfield tangent thats all.

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
shad said:
Not really. Anybody who runs a bit should be able to do that. It's only 3k.

Agree that anyone who runs a bit, however i would bet most of Australian society do not run at all and they would battle to do 6min kms...

I used to do Ironman and now just do olympic triathlon distance, im certainly not winning anything any time soon however i do know times and the speed of improvement based on training etc..

5min ks is not quick for a TAC guy as i said or an athlete, or a runner as such, but most people don't run so i would consider it for 90%+ in Australia for that to be quick.. agree with only 3km that some could look more impressive than a 5km etc..

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Tigertough1974 said:

nah - even for social fun runners that is pretty pedestrian - a couple years ago I could run that pace for 10 km and I am NOT young (I remember Hart playing as a kid vintage) - for young kids who train and play footy, that pace would be a concern - either injured or tanked or just can't run

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
year of the tiger said:
nah - even for social fun runners that is pretty pedestrian - a couple years ago I could run that pace for 10 km and I am NOT young (I remember Hart playing as a kid vintage) - for young kids who train and play footy, that pace would be a concern - either injured or tanked or just can't run

I actually agree and i used to do under 5min ks for marathons etc and i wasn't considered quick... I agree that for someone like yourself that runs a fair bit its not an issue..

I also agree for an athlete it is very slow..

I was more replying when someone said they were a 50 year old smoker that could easily do that, i would bet that if this chap wasn't a at least once a week runner there would be no chance.. For anyone that runs, 5min ks especially for only 3km is very very do able...

But i also bet most people don't run and would struggle to actually run/jog 3km at any pace let alone 5min ks

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
Tigertough1974 said:
I actually agree and i used to do under 5min ks for marathons etc and i wasn't considered quick... I agree that for someone like yourself that runs a fair bit its not an issue..

I was more replying when someone said they were a 50 year old smoker that could easily do that, i would bet that if this chap wasn't a at least once a week runner there would be no chance.. For anyone that runs, 5min ks especially for only 3km is very very do able...

But i also bet most people don't run and would struggle to actually run/jog 3km at any pace let alone 5min ks

Sorry - yes 50+ non active people would struggle with that - I reckon - I was thinking more of 18 year old men who play a bit of active sport should run that with little trouble.

I used to like the endurance stuff also - did 3 marathons in a different life and managed around a 3.15 pb which from memory was around the pace we are talking about for this bloke - I was a plodder

shad

Tiger Champion
Apr 6, 2010
Castlemaine
Tigertough1974 said:

Sorry mate. Yeah I am 50 and smoke, but I've always loved running. I know it makes no sense.