Pick 17, 20 & 25 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 17, 20 & 25

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
CC TIGER said:
Interesting, I got told about an hour before the draft we would take Brander, pretty reliable source

And what about Brander’s reaction to getting taken by the Eagles? Looked like he had been sent to Iraq. Same with Bonar when GWS picked him.

Both are stone cold morals to be back in two years.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
SCOOP said:
And what about Brander’s reaction to getting taken by the Eagles? Looked like he had been sent to Iraq. Same with Bonar when GWS picked him.

Yep thought the same.

It’s all irrelevant but it appears if Pies don’t take Stephenson, Eagles would have an Brander gets to us, anyway it may well have fallen perfectly for us like most of 2017 has.

Jonesracing82

Tiger Champion
Sep 30, 2011
SCOOP said:

The way things are these days I'm guessing at least 1 will be requesting a trade end of next season.

Disco

Tiger Champion
Dec 4, 2004
Melbourne
SCOOP said:

Yeah Brander almost looked distraught.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania
SCOOP said:

So who does he push out of the weagles forward line - Kennedy or Darling ;D

Tails

Still Chasing Dreams
Mar 10, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Eagles stuffed themselves royally they needed outside run and picked up everything but. Don't look in their direction for a threat to our supremacy

pervian

Tiger Matchwinner
Mar 12, 2007
Tails said:
Eagles stuffed themselves royally they needed outside run and picked up everything but. Don't look in their direction for a threat to our supremacy
i like that lol kick them ehy there down lets just hope the filth did the same

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
bullus_hit said:
You're probably right and Stephenson would be tempting but it's sounding as though Sydney or West Coast will pounce.

Way too early for McCartin, Ballard & Kreuger, all are projects and I'd prefer to go with the proven footballers. CCJ is a lumbering ruck with a poor kick, big pass, can pick up a similar type with a 4th rounder. Balta at 25 makes more sense, granted he's a project but his scope is much better than the 195cm wingmen. If Allen slips then we take him, he's much more versatile than the media suggests. Murphy, hmmm, not sold, athletic yes, but is he a fancy flanker? If we're talking about a Witherden clone then McPherson is the player we target.

Interesting looking back in hindsight. Stephenson snapped up early. McCartin went at 33, Ballard @ 42 and doesn't look like Kreuger was picked up at all so you were right on the money about them as potential #25 picks. You mustn't have been too happy with CCJ pick, I have to say I would have preferred Allen who went the very next pick after CCJ. Murphy #39.

The_General

It's been a very hard working from home
Staff member
May 4, 2004
I disagree with the comments about Brander. I had to go take a second look on youtube, and I think - although he's not smiling - I took it as a sign of relief the draft was over. Like a release of nerves.