Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Hopefully the brotherhood Shai has with the other indigenous boys will be enough for him to accept a fair offer from the club.
A two year deal and by then Jack R, Shed and Rance will be close to done, Shai with good form will be entitled to a good payday then.

Tiger44

Tiger Superstar
Sep 23, 2005
Surely a Rising Star nomination this week. Unless Brad Johnson decided to go to the movies or something!

Reactions: 5 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Out- Moore, Menadue, Butler, Soldo, Townsend, Weller, Grigg
Surely that's enough space in the salary cap to give $hai a good 2 year deal

tigers80

Tiger Legend
Jul 7, 2004
Unless there is a curve ball.
He will continue to wear the 29 next and onward.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
He is exciting is the lad once he fully gets the speed of the game he will go uup another gear.

Still making some bad decisions at times but he needs to stay in hes starting to show what Dusty raved about.

At this rate we might have to jettison another player off the list to fit his pay rise in the cap.

I happily trade out a Markov or Menadue or even both of them to keep Shai

Last edited:

thegdog

Tiger Champion
Sep 28, 2009
He is exciting is the lad once he fully gets the speed of the game he will go uup another gear.

Still making some bad decisions at times but he needs to stay in hes starting to show what Dusty raved about.

At this rate we might have to jettison another player off the list to fit his pay rise in the cap.
Noticed him and Dusty waxed a lot today. Reckon Dusty knows they are on same wavelength

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
76% DE from 29 touches. Has class, skill and speed to burn. Will be interesting to see how he goes the rest of the year.

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
Very impressive last couple of weeks , has added some outside run & flair to our midfield !

Reactions: 1 users

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Love and respect your passion but ............please don’t compare him to Sydney Stack in talent. Not in the same suburb. Sydney has a vital skill that Shan doesn’t at the moment. And that’s getting the ball at AFL level. If Sydney played on Shai, I reckon he’d nearly go statless. And a myth is being perpetuated on here by a few that he’s a beautiful kick. I’ve seen no such thing. His ball drop starts at his nose which allows too much variation before hitting his foot. Major flaw that needs to be corrected. Sydney kicks bullets on both sides of his body from 50m and throws in a few torps for a laugh.
What you are rightly arguing is that he has seems to possess unexposed talent and great potential however our club may not value this as much as others because players like Stack and Ross turn up and make immediate impact. Bolton has not and should not be overpriced by our club because his manager is a commercial pr$ck. Both parties have fulfilled their commitment to each other so far but Shai has to establish himself as a regular before anyone can argue he’s worth $400k per year. That would be stage one. Stage two is the next level that some of the others you mention sit at which is great players on a consistent basis. There’s a further level of champion status that I cannot foresee for Shai but happy to be proven wrong. Think everyone agrees that Sydney is heading in the right direction for that one so what would you pay him per year?
I am not getting into a Stack & Shai debate, (love them both), but I think they could happily live in the same suburb;)

Reactions: 1 user