Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Herald Sun Headline on Shai: (blocked unless subscription member)

BOLTON: ‘NO WAY I’M GETTING HOMESICK’

In it it says Rising Star nominee reveals he wants to stay at Richmond for the long haul:D.

;););)

Made my day with that post Caesar

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
In the article on the AFL website, he mentions a few times how he loves the Tigers & it's an honour to be playing with us, very thankful etc & loves that we have a heap of indigenous boys in the squad.

Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Love what he has brought to the midfield, he's winning clearances and tackling, has great evasive skills and reads the game very well. Our midfield is a lot better for having him there.

Mopsy

"I can feel Tigermania flowing through my veins"
Jan 9, 2005
Brisbane
Well done Shai a well deserved RS nomination.

He is getting better every week and makes us a far more dangerous side.

Signature moving forward a must.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Someone reminded me online yesterday that Shai was the end result of our Vickery compensation.
Pick 26 which eventually ended up being pick 29 in the 2016 draft.
Bloody hell doesn't that make you smile.:)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16 users

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
Someone reminded me online yesterday that Shai was the end result of our Vickery compensation.
Pick 26 which eventually ended up being pick 29 in the 2016 draft.
Bloody hell doesn't that make you smile.:)

There is a synergy happening here with Vickery's jumper number 29 + Bolton taken @ pick 29 + now wearing jumper #29

Reactions: 2 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
A couple of things I've liked about Shai recently is one it seems he's decided to stop trying to take mark of the year as a 175cm key forward every game. This was a bit of a problem early. Seems the coaches have got in his ear. Seems to have been much smarter in where he's positioning himself & realising his strengths are at ground level, crumbing to our talls. The other thing is he seems to have ironed out that habit of leaning back on his kicks for goal a little bit.
He's improving no doubt. Fast.

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
A couple of things I've liked about Shai recently is one it seems he's decided to stop trying to take mark of the year as a 175cm key forward every game. This was a bit of a problem early. Seems the coaches have got in his ear. Seems to have been much smarter in where he's positioning himself & realising his strengths are at ground level, crumbing to our talls. The other thing is he seems to have ironed out that habit of leaning back on his kicks for goal a little bit.
He's improving no doubt. Fast.

Yep he is and he has realised he belongs at the level.

More consistent team footy and he wont play much VFL going forward.

Shai, and Syd have in all likelihood ended Dan Butlers tenure at the RFC.

Butlers manager will be making plenty of calls from here on I reckon.

Reactions: 1 user

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
A couple of things I've liked about Shai recently is one it seems he's decided to stop trying to take mark of the year as a 175cm key forward every game.

I kind of liked the constant mark of the year attempts

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users