Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
$hai has arrived in very emphatic fashion. He's not far behind Sydney stack in the revelatory stakes. I know he is behind. But not by far.

His almost a contemporary of Sheds in terms of handball
Hope it wasn't lost on anyone that Shai was a starting mid today. Was better than Stack today but I think Sydney went into the game sore from what I witnessed at training. Bloody awesome that we are discussing them in the same breath.

Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Hope it wasn't lost on anyone that Shai was a starting mid today.

It wasn't lost on $hai. He looked like a kid playing see who can not smile the longest, as he sauntered in there with cotchy

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
It wasn't lost on $hai. He looked like a kid playing see who can not smile the longest, as he sauntered in there with cotchy
Had 16 possessions to half time playing close to 80% mid then they played him predominantly forward in 2nd half where his numbers were reduced, Moral of the story play him mid?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Hope it wasn't lost on anyone that Shai was a starting mid today. Was better than Stack today but I think Sydney went into the game sore from what I witnessed at training. Bloody awesome that we are discussing them in the same breath.

Good beer agood Caesar I wouldn't be surprised if Syd might start tapering a little,

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Had 16 possessions to half time playing close to 80% mid then they played him predominantly forward in 2nd half where his numbers were reduced, Moral of the story play him mid?
Both. Creates. Kicks goals.

I think you'll find he's my boy. ;

• Love

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
The indigenous Matty Knights. Cool, calm & collective.
He always seems to have time.
His only F up yesterday was he was 40 out directly in front and he went for the pass instead of goal.
Overall he was really good better then Edwards

Tigertough1974

Tiger Champion
Oct 1, 2013
Fantastic improvement from Shai, bringing it consistently last few weeks..

What we lost when Cotchy swapped his white collar to Blue collar a few years ago we have got back with Shai! Love it when the balls in his hands!

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Added beautifully to the midfield mix, the biggest thing I’ve noticed in his last 2 games is footy iq around the ground, runs hard to the right spots so often and isn’t just positioning himself in an attacking position, running hard both ways, I’d say Sydney is the main reason for his improvement :cool:

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Gee he is coming along nicely.

One touch player, composed, doesn't panic and makes good decisions.

His composure is amazing. Most impressive. Was the thing I wasn't sure he could carry to the extra speed of AFL level but he's proved himself in spades.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

Great to see - could he win the RS (or at least make the top 5).

Also, is there a chance they might rest bolts and stack over the coming weeks to freshen them for finals.

LeeToRainesToRoach

Tiger Legend
Jun 4, 2006
Melbourne
We really are trying to find our best 22 aren't we. Didn't think Shai had so many possessions in him - week to week as it were.

Always saw him as a classic "fast twitch" forward. His newfound stamina allowing him to ply his tricks up the ground is the difference between possible trade and definite keep.

dimmauchamp

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2003
Have to apologise to Shai. Thought he woukd never make it in the AFL but I was wrong. Makes things happen when he has the ball.

Reactions: 1 users