Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
Yeah, I was surprised to see how few possessions he had. I thought he was really good. He has become an excellent tackler.

toby64

Tiger Champion
Mar 17, 2014
A bit fumbly in the second half for mine. Reckon there were a few balls that got through him and there were eagles behind him who pounced on it.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
He’s becoming what I hoped Rioli could be.

Capable of 30 touches from the midfield if needed, or regularly jagging goals.

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Not alot of disposals but made them count. That's what x-factor can do. Should have had 2 goals but had and 2 goal assists and 6 tackles. Was a good honest game.

Reactions: 1 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
A good game, kicked a great goal, 2 goal assists and 6 tackles.
His x factor in dry conditions will be a real threat in the finals.

Reactions: 2 users

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
Much to Caesar's chagrin , I was critical of his first three Inside 50 deliveries, I will check the replay to see if I was a bit harsh !

Ended up having a good game though

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Not alot of disposals but made them count. That's what x-factor can do. Should have had 2 goals but had and 2 goal assists and 6 tackles. Was a good honest game.
You also need to watch for the little flick/tap ons as well that wouldn't be classed as possessions on the stats sheets.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
You also need to watch for the little flick/tap ons as well that wouldn't be classed as possessions on the stats sheets.

Yes there was at least 1 which was very smart, Great Southern Stand wing in the 1st quarter, the old Shai may have taken possession and tried to flick a handball out, but he did the team thing and tapped it forward which enabled us to keep the ball moving. Smart and unselfish play, which has been the knock on him, but that one was really evident.

He's building, but for some reason I thought he's be much cleaner in the wet than what he is. He's excellent in the dry but in the wet seems to struggle, built for finals footy though IMO.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
This is a kid enjoying his footy. Surprisingly team orientated without the ball. Always there to give praise. First in to cuddle Jack on the ground after the winning goal. I reckon he’ll pay back the team with a signature and some match winning play come finals time. Can’t see him leaving.

caesar

Tiger Legend
Feb 9, 2015
Remains unsigned & his form has been a little inconsistent.
Needs to finish the year strongly to stay with us you would think.

Shai has held his spot two weeks running in what are dress rehearsals for finals, doing more than enough for mine, not to mention he is being selected when we basically have a full squad to choose from. Whether he stays with us or not will be Shai's and Ralph's decision not ours as RFC would not be moving him on by choice.

Reactions: 5 users

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Still only 20 years old. Would love to see him sign a 2 year contract before the finals.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Shai has held his spot two weeks running in what are dress rehearsals for finals, doing more than enough for mine, not to mention he is being selected when we basically have a full squad to choose from. Whether he stays with us or not will be Shai's and Ralph's decision not ours as RFC would not be moving him on by choice.
All true but we won’t be paying the world to keep him.