Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Should have swapped Bolton and Caddy around. Good test for Bolton on Hill and Caddy could have provided a presence in the fwd 50

The way we have been playing jesus wouldn't been able to help us
Bolton needs to add "team" to his game.

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Should have swapped Bolton and Caddy around. Good test for Bolton on Hill and Caddy could have provided a presence in the fwd 50

This is a good call. We need Bolton’s pace through the middle.

Reactions: 1 user

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Dropped.

Others in line to be dropped before Shai, IMO. Not stoked about this.

Reactions: 4 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
Can only assume it's either as BabyRicho mentioned, a non-negotiable, or something off-field that's happened. On form, well what little form any of the team have had, he deserves to stay in.

Reactions: 7 users

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012
I don't think he has been dropped.
I suspect they may be trying to play him in a different position (midfield).

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Maybe a full game in midfield in vfl then back in with some confidence and run in his legs shortergame has made forward line a dessert graveyard.

Reactions: 1 user

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I can see him crack the sads and ask to get traded out.
It will interesting how he goes about it.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
I don't think he has been dropped.
I suspect they may be trying to play him in a different position (midfield).
Not dropped just left out of the side - omitted!

But possibly swapping roles with Caddy after the debacle last week against the Saints' Hill*: Shai to the wing; Caddy forward.
(*Still want to know why KMac waasn't played on Hill though, given he was brought in for that game. Isn't he meant to be a running machine?)

Anyway think that swap is a good move. Turn Shai more into a transition player with his speed, elusiveness and skills including marking ability. Caddy is a danger forward too as long as he doesn't get in Tom or Jack's path too much.

Reactions: 1 users

tigers1980

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 24, 2012

But possibly swapping roles with Caddy after the debacle last week against the Saints' Hill*: Shai to the wing; Caddy forward.
(*Still want to know why KMac waasn't played on Hill though, given he was brought in for that game. Isn't he meant to be a running machine?)

Anyway think that swap is a good move. Turn Shai more into a transition player with his speed, elusiveness and skills including marking ability. Caddy is a danger forward too as long as he doesn't get in Tom or Jack's path too much.
100% agree quicker transition = role move for Shai

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne

I hope you are right as I reckon Shai has been one of our better players and did not deserve to be dropped.

DS

taztiger4

Shovelheads- Keeping hipsters off Harley's
Jul 13, 2005
Richmond Victoria
doesn't work hard enough when we dont have the ball, unlike Lambert who is out of form but continues to run to space, cover others etc

Reactions: 1 users