Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • If you are having trouble logging in to the forum please contact admin@puntroadend.com // When reseting your password or awaiting confirmation please check that your email is correct and also your junk/spam emails.
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Set up Prestia's goal with an amazing tap down. Then Lambert. Then Lynch.

Reactions: 4 users

Scoop

Tiger Legend
Dec 8, 2004
The Shai shimmy to get round Myers and set up Lynch in the last was outrageous.

Five steps of electricity And a 55 meter dart. Magical.

• Love
Reactions: 14 users

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Magician. His work in close is brilliant.
Tell me again how Myers made the U/22 AA and Bolton didn’t?

Reactions: 8 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
This kid is magical. *smile* happens when he gets the ball.

Reactions: 1 users

Mantikorr

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2006

That was something special. This kid is going to be a star. The sidestep being around Myers was only second in my "In Your Face" moments to Dusty shrugging of Dangerfield's tackle for that last goal.

Reactions: 3 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Haha, i was going to post the same- not necessarily to knock Miers.
Bolton should have been Capt of the U22 (if the capt is the best player.)

He has been brilliant at times this year- our No1 mid for a while when we needed him to be, then through the finals he has just been class. as an impact HFF.

year of the tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 26, 2008
Tasmania

perfect adjective “a magician” - yes he knows how to play this kid and I laughed out loud at that shimmie - was waiting for the turnover yet he had found a bucket load of space to move - and has speed to burn.

the media and the AFL have no idea - there is no three premiership team treated with such disrespect as the tigers when it comes to votes, selections etc.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
That was something special. This kid is going to be a star. The sidestep being around Myers was only second in my "In Your Face" moments to Dusty shrugging of Dangerfield's tackle for that last goal.
The kid is a star. With two premierships.

Reactions: 1 user

daniel30

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 14, 2010
We got a beauty here talent to burn and added now the string to play midfield to.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

That was amazing, that shimmy and gain of a few metres enabled him to get the kick over the Geelong defence and perfect for Lynch.

Was outstanding with ball in hand, and 7 tackles to go with that shows his workrate.

Reactions: 5 users

nikolasmia

Tiger Superstar
Sep 3, 2007
In Leysey parlance, I have also noticed his glute development

He looks thicker.

He is a beauty

• Haha

antman

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Prestia's first goal, again. Shai had no chance of affecting the Geelong mark then leapt, turned in the air, and batted it back down to the front. Years gone he would have tried to mark it. Amazing, and selfless.

Lambert's goal - he had no right to contest that mark against Menegola on the boundary - but he did. Somehow crunched Menegola, took the mark, then laid off to George Lambert.

Lynch's goal in the last. Prestia mark/free kick, I forget. Steps the player trying to hold him on the mark. Steps again. Indian rubber man. Then a loooooong bomb to Lynch all alone in the square.

• Love
Reactions: 10 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Prestia's first goal, again. Shai had no chance of affecting the Geelong mark then leapt, turned in the air, and batted it back down to the front. Years gone he would have tried to mark it. Amazing, and selfless.

Lambert's goal - he had no right to contest that mark against Menegola on the boundary - but he did. Somehow crunched Menegola, took the mark, then laid off to George Lambert.

Lynch's goal in the last. Prestia mark/free kick, I forget. Steps the player trying to hold him on the mark. Steps again. Indian rubber man. Then a loooooong bomb to Lynch all alone in the square.
Good spot.

We called it during the game - he was instrumental in all those goals. He was massive and in the votes for mine

Reactions: 1 users