Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Shai threw the Spurs mentality out the window with that one :)

Much as I love George and Lambo, they are in the bottom three from mine when I consider who I would want to take a clutch set shot for goal for us.
George is certainly in my bottom one players to take a set shot. Lambo is tolerable.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Shai threw the Spurs mentality out the window with that one :)

Much as I love George and Lambo, they are in the bottom three from mine when I consider who I would want to take a clutch set shot for goal for us.

Lambert doesn't have a long kick but rarely misses IIRC

Reactions: 6 users

Streak

Tiger Legend
Aug 31, 2007
Western Australia
71.51 (122 shots) at 58%.

JC 98.84 (182 shots) @ 53.8%.

I realise the stats will probably prove me wrong, but neither fill me with great confidence.

When George is off he really stinks it up, and I don't know why but Lambo makes me nervous on set shots. Must be a body language thing that I perceive to be a sign of low confidence.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Don't worry about the pass - how about the mark he took? Came from nowhere and jumped on the blokes head.

Reactions: 5 users

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Similarly kicked to Lynch after taking a speccie in the 2019 QF. Shai has really learned to read the play and go for the unselfish pass when it is on. What a star.

While I shudder when George takes a set shot, he does tend to get them when we need them - goal in the 2020 GF and a decent kick from a set shot in the 2019 PF both stick in my mind. When we don't need them, 2019 GF, he sprays them everywhere!

DS

Reactions: 2 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Gotta love the legal team , all very different, all very talented , all Premiership players , would Not be shocked if the “firm” is the first firm to all make the All Australian team

Reactions: 1 user

wayne

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2007
Traralgon
Don't worry about the pass - how about the mark he took? Came from nowhere and jumped on the blokes head.
One of my favourite parts of the GF, clear mark too.

Menegola doing his best John Michael-Howson impersonation 'I touched the ball, I had my hand on the ball' while Shai sprays a pass to Castagna which luckily hit Lambert.

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
watching the GF highlights while I drink my 2nd coffee.

$hai was incredible.

Created the 1st goal of the match for Prestia with an astounding levitating pirouette volleyball set.

then he made freakish goal assist after assist.

what a unique talent.

there really is a god

Reactions: 7 users

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
watching the GF highlights while I drink my 2nd coffee.

$hai was incredible.

Created the 1st goal of the match for Prestia with an astounding levitating pirouette volleyball set.

then he made freakish goal assist after assist.

what a unique talent.

there really is a god

I mentioned a few days I did the same eZyT. Talk about some self pleasure :)
I won’t channel Bruuce. Shai aint “special”
He’s *smile* extraordinary

Reactions: 1 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019

you must have missed the 2020 preliminary Richmond V Port Adelaide streak?

No ice-veined lambo, and its Cats V Port for the 2020 GF until the end of time.

I would throw Lambo the ball to kick for my life within 40m probably 3rd only to JR and Dusty.

If jack or Dusty didnt want the pressure ( :rotfl1 ), I'd probably be looking at Nank as well, but chuck it to Lambo

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

No 4

I did what I did for the Tigers - Bridget
Feb 11, 2005
nunawading/mitcham
Gotta love this guy from the start. those 3 (or 2) goals in his first game against swans was a great indication of the raw talent this guy had. Long live Shai.