Pick 29: Shai Bolton | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Pick 29: Shai Bolton

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
We selected Jack Higgins

Left Oscar Allen on the table for the E-Girls :mad: :rolleyes::bash
I couldnt believe we drafted another small.
I was shattered that night.
I thought our recruiters were still pissed from the GF.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1 user

Ricemagic

Tiger Superstar
Feb 8, 2021
If we picked Allan over Higgins we might not have Balta. We might also draft a gun with St.Kilda’s 2nd round pick.
2017 redo if we picked Allen at 17 and not Balta at 25.

With the 25th pick Richmond draft Charlie Spargo (Or Charlie Constable)

But yeah I believe Balta played most of his junior and even early Reserves career as a forward, so if he hit it up forward early and was kicking a few, then we'd probably have not even brought in Lynch end of 2018 with Jack R and Noah doing the job up front. Swings and roundabouts, we ain't going to bad lately in the drafting and free agent caper :)

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
2017 redo if we picked Allen at 17 and not Balta at 25.

With the 25th pick Richmond draft Charlie Spargo (Or Charlie Constable)

But yeah I believe Balta played most of his junior and even early Reserves career as a forward, so if he hit it up forward early and was kicking a few, then we'd probably have not even brought in Lynch end of 2018 with Jack R and Noah doing the job up front. Swings and roundabouts, we ain't going to bad lately in the drafting and free agent caper :)
I would accept Allen and Liam Ryan.
Imagine
Balta Allen Ryan.
Not only would we win another 3 flags but every week we would have the privilege of watching not only castagna but Ryan jumping on people's heads

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Shai was excellent around the ground but his finishing let him down.
Bad kicking for goal is bad footy & he left goals on the table tonight.
that may seem critical but it's what he needs to work on.
Otherwise I rated him as our best.

Reactions: 3 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Was excellent tonight and was the one that was going to spark us if we were going to get back into it. Couldn't kick the goals though that we needed him to.

After the Dees got that 4-5 goal lead we had opportunities to reduce it but kicked poorly and I think he had 3 poor ones, but his around the ground play was very good. Very good in the clearances again.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Not sure why there is a delay on signing him up.
Best kid at the club by a country mile.
I would do a 'Collingwood' style cull to keep him.
Watch WC go hard for him.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
Shai was excellent around the ground but his finishing let him down.
Bad kicking for goal is bad footy & he left goals on the table tonight.
that may seem critical but it's what he needs to work on.
Otherwise I rated him as our best.
Worked his arse off TOO. I get he missed some easy shots but the kid was cooked.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
6 games in and I reckon Bolton has had 1 poor game and been in the best 5 times, loving the fact the consistency is now there at 22 , priority signing as he’s the one young mid we have that is a garunteed 200 gamer

Reactions: 2 users

T-Shirt Tommy

Have you got the oven on?
Apr 11, 2011
He's an elite instinctive shot at goal - just needs to get better a the set shots.

But also think the delay in signing him is Carr's doing. He knows the more he plays before signing, the more $ he can command. Did the same with Dusty.